eleven

chapter eleven
at least the world will now know you're mine
Tuesday 30th January 2018

"Can you grab me a pack of apples?" Olivia asked her boyfriend as the pair wandered through the busy Asda supermarket. The phrase sounded childish but exciting. Olivia was in the first and only relationship since her husband.

Tom picked up a bag of organic and over priced apples and Olivia laughed. "Oh gosh, Tom, your wealth is shining through bright here." She took the apples from him and winked, swapping them for a cheaper alternative.

"I'm sorry..." The man mumbled. He placed his palm on his neck and rubbed it nervously.

"Sweetie, I'm only joking." She laughed lightly. "How about you push the trolley and tell me what's on the list, and I grab the groceries?"

"Sounds like a plan." He chuckles lightly and swapped places with Olivia. He ran his finger down the neatly written piece of paper to see what they had to pick up next down this isle. The woman beside him had perfectly planned the list, sectioning each bracket of food by isle. It was adorable. "Olivia?"

"Mhm?" She span round from browsing the different salad bowls on offer. Tom leaned down and placed a swift kiss on her lips. "What was that for?" She smiled softly.

"You organise your shopping list." He shrugged lightly and began to push the trolley forward. He let his feet drag slightly on the floor and be carried by the wheels of the trolley. He felt light and silly, something he hadn't felt in a while.

Olivia followed him slowly with a laugh but it faltered as she noticed a woman taking a picture of them. "Tom, people are taking pictures." She nervously stated.

"It's okay." He mumbled and pulled her into him. "At least the world will now know you're mine."

***

"Burgers." Tom stated embarrassingly loudly to Olivia as they walked down the frozen isle. The woman flipped around and placed a palm to his mouth.

"Why're you shouting!?" She hissed, a huge blush seeping up her cheeks and causing her to over-heat.

"Burgers." He stated again, although it's muffled through Olivia's hand. She removed it slowly but hesitantly. "I want to make sure the whole of Asda knows you need burgers."

"You're ridiculous." She laughed. As she did, she reached into the freezer to get the Birdseye Burgers her kids asked for each Saturday evening. Burger and movie night. Olivia had agreed to that as long as each of them had salad with it and fruit for pudding.

"I'm being helpful." Tom humphed quietly like a child and Olivia wanted to kiss him silly for being so adorable; she impossibly refrained. "The last thing is ice cream."

"Now I have the impossible choice of choosing between Lyra's favourite and Asher's favourite." Olivia complained as they walked over to the ice-cream. She looked between the Ben and Jerries. Lyra was a simple girl, liking cookie dough, but Asher was crazy with the over-sickly fudge brownie.

"Get half baked. It's both flavours in one, it's really nice." Tom suggested with a shrug of shoulders.

"I knew I brought you for a reason." Tom chuckled and the melody sent warmth running through Olivia's body. He followed Olivia to the till's and pushed the, now, slightly heavy trolley. The pair of them unloaded a small amount of shopping whilst they waited for the person in front of them to finish. Each time it edged forward, Olivia and Tom fought to get their product on the belt.