fifteen

chapter fifteen
you'll turn into a dinosaur
Friday 9th February 2018

"Mum, Lyra, say cheese!" Asher pointed the camera at the pair as Olivia helped Lyra sift some icing sugar in the bowl.

"Cheeseee." Lyra and her mum smiled at the camera and Asher took a picture. "My turn, Asher. Give your sister a hand, you're good at the icing." Olivia walked towards Asher and took the camera. She smiled to herself as she snapped multiple pictures of her children whisking the icing. A cloud of sugar rose up, making the pictures look even funnier.

Olivia took more pictures of the bare cupcakes, then as they put different coloured icing on. Suddenly, the phone rang. The mum picked up the home phone with a beam as she saw Eric's number displayed. "Her Eric,"

"Hey, Liv." Eric replied. "How're the preparations going?"

"Good, the kids are decorating their avengers cupcakes. They seem like they're pumped with sugar but I know they're not." Olivia grumbled lightly as she tried to filter out the squeals.

"That's my little munchkins. So, please don't tell Lizzy, but I've brought us tickets to go to Australia. I want to take her back to my hometown and propose to her in one of her favourite spots." Eric couldn't keep it in, he let the words tumble out of his mouth in just as much excitement as the kids.

"Oh my god, Eric that's perfect! She'll love it." She was beyond happy for her sister, there was no doubt to anyone she'd say yes. Lizzy loved Eric and all she spoke about was having a family with him. "Did you speak to dad?"

"Of course. I felt awful I couldn't speak to him in person but I said we'd be over soon. I'm sure she'll want to see them soon anyway. You can come with us if you want?" Eric suggested with a beam on his lips.

"I can't take the kids out of school. We're hoping we can go out there for the Easter holidays." Olivia looked back to her kids who'd finally got onto selecting which character should go on which cupcake. "Thank you for the offer though. Eric I'm so proud and happy for you. I'll keep my mouth shut. When do you leave?"

"In 4 days. I wanted us to stop at yours before we go to say goodbye. So don't stress about coming to see us. We'll be gone for a week." He explained. Olivia couldn't stop her heart from beating so fast. 4 days? Olivia's baby sister could be engaged to such a wonderful man.

"Good luck, Eric. I know it'll be amazing and I can't wait to see your beaming faces when you get back."

"Thank you Liv. Good luck this evening. I'll see you in a few days. Love you!" Eric chuckled slightly.

"Love you too, Eric. See you soon."

***

Olivia had told Tom that 5 o'clock was perfect. So could she really fane surprise when a knock echoed through the apartment at exactly 5pm? Olivia knew her boyfriend would be on time, his time management was impeccable compared to her own.

"He's here!" Asher harshly whispered and Lyra looked at the door as if it was about to come off it's hinges and engulf her in wood. Olivia stood up with a grin and began to walk towards the door.

"Mummy!" Lyra whispered. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Oh baby, what's wrong?" Olivia quickly made her way to her daughter and pulled her into a little hug. "Do you not want to meet him anymore?" Lyra shook her head.