twenty two

chapter twenty two
together, forever
Sunday 11th March 2018

Tom and Scarlett were unloading the car the following morning, as the kids and Olivia walked towards the soft play venue that housed the laser tag for Asher's Birthday.

"So, how did you guys actually meet?" The woman opened up conversation with a question that had been wandering her mind as she adjusted to two of her closest friends dating.

Tom chuckled to himself and shook his head slightly. "In the most un-romantic way ever." He rolled his eyes as he thought back to that day, how he felt and how much he had hoped he'd found the right person within Olivia. "We sort of bumped into each other in HMV."

"What's HMV?" The American asked, and Tom laughed at her obliviousness.

"It's a shop, they sell CD's and DVD's. I was just looking for a new CD, I'm still old school and won't give into streaming from my phone." The man admitted with a shy smile. Tom closed the boot of the car and locked it with Olivia's keys. The pair walked into the venue with their hands full of bags.

"That's actually so adorable." Scarlett laughed. "You guys seriously make a great couple, if you don't mind me saying. Although, she didn't seem too keen on the travelling with you. Did you manage to speak to her about that last night?"

"Unfortunately, not. She was shattered from Lyra's acting class yesterday morning. I'm glad you noticed it too, I wasn't sure if I was just talking myself out of it." Tom mumbled slightly. "It's nice to get a second opinion sometimes."

"What do you think you're going to do?" The actress asked. She cared for both of her friends, and from her perspective, they seemed to be wanting to go slow but somehow were having everything thrown their way and coping incredibly well.

"I'll just have to talk to her whenever we have a free moment. I'm practically living with Via at the moment, I can't fathom spending at least a month away from her and the kids." He quietened his voice as he made his way to the laser tag room incase Olivia could hear them.

Scarlett gave the man a soft smile. "Just focus on communication. You guys seem to be doing amazing the way you are, I'm sure you've got your boundaries and you can both respect both of them, just continue as you are and go with it."

Scarlett was right, and Tom was grateful to have his friend to guide and help him if he needed. Relationships weren't uncommon for the popular actor, but mental well-being and intimacy in one had always only been Tom's priority, not also his partners. He didn't want to lose what he had made with the woman just because he was a spoilt child. He can't get everything as soon as he wants it.

The first part of Asher's party had gone really well. Obviously, all of his friends had wanted pictures with the famous Loki and Black Widow, and Tom had made sure that Asher was in every single one of them so the focus remained on him.

The parents, thankfully, had agreed to the terms of taking pictures (no posting anywhere until everyone had left the venue). Both Tom and Olivia were grateful that all of their friends cared as much for Olivia's children as they did, as they understood how fragile a child can be when under the view of the press.

It wasn't long until the laser tag instructor asked Asher to pick the teams. Olivia wasn't playing, however, Tom, Scarlett and two other parents called Ryan and Steve were going to get fully immersive in the laser tagging.