seventeen

chapter seventeen
I've been practicing
Tuesday 13th February 2018

"Oh god, Liv, isn't this so adorable?" Lizzy gushed as they sat on the older sisters sofa. Eric was playing with the kids in Lyras room, and Olivia was almost certain in loved them more than even Lizzy herself. "A surprise trip to Australia." She sighed whimsically and finished her cup of tea.

"It'll be gorgeous. Send me loads of pictures." Olivia asked hopefully. She'd never been to Australia, not even to meet Eric's family. She had often scolded herself for not taking time out to visit with Eric and her sister, but travelling with children was quite difficult.

"And then when we come home we only have a couple days til we fly out to see mom and dad." The younger sister grinned. They didn't see their parents often as they lived in a different country, but they were lucky enough to have a high paid actress and screen-writer for daughters to pay for flights.

"We won't be able to get out there until April for the Easter holidays." Olivia pouted. She missed her parents, and they missed their grandchildren a lot more.

"Do you think you'll ask Tom?"

"I'll ask him, but I don't think it'll happen. He's got South Korea events and Paris events and the LA Premiere for Infinity war all throughout April. I'll be lucky if we even have a day with him." Olivia sighed. It was easy at the moment, Tom had a little break and press remained only in London for Early Man as it was a British production. But with the upcoming Avengers films and a couple unspoken projects coming up? She wondered how it would work. Especially with the children quickly warming to having him in their life.

"I'm sure you'll make it work, sis." Lizzy encouraged with a slight foot nudge. Olivia could only hope.

"Anyway, when do you start work on Aladdin?" The older sister had been beyond excited when it was announced Lizzy would star in the new Aladdin film along with Will Smith. She was incredibly proud of her baby sister, and the kids were happy they'd get to brag that their Auntie was in a Disney movie.

"April. I can't wait for it." Lizzy tapped her fingers against her empty mug. "Eric has to fly to the US at the same sort of time to shoot Stranger Things 3, so it's not like ones away and the others at home. So that's a relief."

"Even if that was the case, you guys are used to it. You'd be completely fine." Olivia shrugged because Lizzy and Eric had always got through whatever came their way.

"Babe? We should get going or we'll be late for our flight." Eric comes out of Lyra's room, holding Asher by the feet and dangling upside down. "I found this surf board that really wants to come to Australia with us, do you think he'll fit in the suitcase?" Asher remained dead still, like a plank of wood.

"It! Not he!" Asher hissed quietly.

"Shh man, play it cool." Eric mumbled to Asher with an amused look in his eyes. Lyra came out giggling and watched the scene with a grin. "So honey, what do you think?"

"I think it looks an awful lot like Asher." Lizzy is amused. "If it looked like Lyra, I'd take it, but it would just remind me of how much Asher smells." At this, Lyra howled and fell to the floor.

"How dare you!" Asher screamed with a giggle and started flailing his arms to get down. "I do not smell! You smell like poo poo Auntie Lizzy!" Olivia face palmed at her silly, yet adorable children, that began to giggle even more when Eric dropped Asher to the floor.