Kiana 1

As I drew my bowstring back I felt the power in the object I held. Whoosh. I hit dead center of the red bulls eye I set up In my yard. We'd only been at this house for 6 monthes. It had just been my mother and I for nearly 16 years. Every once in a while we'd move, and id never know why.

"Kiana! Ki where are you??" My mother called out to me.

"Mom, chill I'm back shooting my bow,"

"Kiana we need to leave now." My mom sounded panicked. wich was weird for her because she was usually super relaxed. So I knew it was time so head out. But this time I wanted to know why.

"Mom, it's been nearly 16 years. Can you tell me why we keep leaving? I have friends here. And have you ever seen me shoot?" My mom sighed.

"Kiana Ruby Summer, the reason we move is because of your father." My Father? I've gone my entire life without a father. That fact never really bothered me until now.

"What has my non existant father have to do with us packing up our entire lives every year?"

"Come in the house. It's time you knew."

"Okay, let me get this straight, my 'Father' is the god Apollo? Are you for reals mom?" I was skeptical at best, but my mothers sincere tone told me that she was serious.

"Haven't you ever wondered where you got your blonde hair? Archery skills? Singing voice? The love of sun? The ability to know exactly how to mend someone's wound?" Thinking back to all my classes, all these 'skills' that my mother referred to them as were things that Apollo were uhh... that he presided over? I guess. My mom was a proportionate woman. A little on the short side with dark brown hair and eyes. While I was tall, skinny with blond hair, and hetrochromic eyes. One emerald green one sapphire blue.

"Well. What did we do now?" I had accepted this easily becuse I always kinda belived in the gods, I just never expressed it to anybody

"Ki, you're going to camp."

Apparently in New York, there's a camp called camp half blood. It's for demigods like me. Dang. I won't get used to that soon. I packed all of my stuff. Everything. I was just hoping that I would have enough room at camp. I was really nervous about the whole thing. How many people would be there? would I make friends? Do I have siblings?

"Hey mom?"

"Yeah?"

"Is the fact that this 'camp' is in New York, the reason we always stayed on the east coast?"my mom nodded and I settled in to my seat of our van. Most reacently we had been living just out side Philadelphia in a town called quakertown. It was really quaint. I liked it there. But my mom was staying there I guess I could visit her, if this camp worked like that....

As I walked into the big arch way with all my suit cases just out side, the whole scene morphed. It became the most beautiful thing id ever seen. Then a boy with dark, slightly wavy hair and eyes like the ocean came of from a elegantly painted and carved cabin(?). he strided over to me.

"Hi, my names Percy Jackson."