Kiana 9

I felt like my entire body was one live wire. I think kissing Reese was the most exilerating thing I've ever done. I pulled yellow jansport bag out of my suitcase and began to fill it with clothes. My bag always seemed bigger on the inside. I put all my weird tee shirts in it. I put 5 pairs of shorts 3pairs of jeans, some tank tops and toiletry stuff in there. Even with all that it felt as light as a feather and I could easily fit my quiver and extra arrows in there. Huh. I'll have to ask my mom about that when I see her. It was all so exiting though. I turned my bow Into the ribbon and tested somthing.

I tied the fabric around my wrist. It didn't transform. Well now I know I can carry it around and see it with mortals being nontheweiser. Wait. Did I just think mortals? How weird.

Suddenly my iPod beeped from the recesses of my bag. I opened the small front pouch. I was never aloud a phone. I always just thought my mom was paranoid, now I realize it was to keep me safe. I was aloud to get the newest iPod for my fifteenth birthday. Yellow of course. It was just a game notification. I plugged it in to the wall next to my bed, just in case it could be used on our quest. I finished packing up my stuff. And went down to the archery range and picked up another two dozen arrows. I stuffed them in my bag.

Then I went down to the forges hoping for some that were tipped in celestial bronze or imperial gold. Ah! Yes. 3 with bronze and 2 with gold! Exactly what I wanted. Then a door opened behind me. I turned around to see a short petite girl with long black hair and clouded eyes. She was wearing all black and was looking at me curiously.

"Uh hello?"i said to her.

"Those arrows are too valuable to lose. Give them to me," she was very stern so I handed them over. She held the five arrows out in her hand for a moment before handing the back to me.

"Wait what did you just do to them?"

"I enchanted them. They will always reappear in you quiver. I'm Amanda. A Hecate girl. I know your going to save my mom so I figured I should help at least a little." She shrugged and began to walk away.

"Wait!" she stopped. "how did you know I was here?"

"I followed you. Obviously," she walked away again. This time I let her. This was so weird. But kind. I put the arrows in my quiver. And went back to my cabin to pick up my bag and Zack. The sun was beginning to rise. we'd have to be on our way soon.

"Hey, Kiana we were just about to send out the search party." Zack wispered to me. Our ten sibling were still totally passed out. Zack, Reese, Laci and Nico all emerged from the shadows if the front porch of the cabin. Reese held my bag and my iPod out to me. I smiled brightly at him.

"So I guess we should see Chiron now?"

We set off to the big house. The first stop on our adventure.

We saw Chiron outside the big house. He had a couple things in his hands.

"Well now young demigods. It seems it is your first quest. Well exept for you nico. I expect you to help them when the needed, but don't make it so easy for them." Nico nodded at him. He then handed each of us a little Baggie of doughy looking squares and a water bottle full of what looked like apple juice. "This is nectar and ambrosia. Only drink it when absolutely necessary. And even then don't eat or drink to much becuse it will kill you."he explained calmly while we all put the stuff In our bags. "The nearest opening to the labrynth is in Columbia Ohio. Here are some drachmas." He handed me a bag filled with golden coins. I tied it around my belt. "Find the hunters." Then Percy came out.

"Nico, come here man." Nico walked over to him. Percy had a couple inches on him. But he ignored it and gave him a huge hug. You could tell how uncomfortable he was. Percy said somthing to him and realeased him. I cleared my throat.

"Well. I gues we should go now," Everyone looked at me. We all said our good bys to them and we began to walk twords the arch.

"This is real isn't it?" Reese asked startling us. I slipped my hand into his and squeezed.

"It's real. But were going to do it." We all stepped out the arch way.