Kiana 11

I felt amazing after drinking just that tiny sip of nectar. When I heard Laci scream, I sighed first because I wanted more from Reese. I transformed my bow and pulled my quiver from my bag. Reese pulled his sword from a sheath that made it as small as a pocket knife. We ran out in to the clearing, seeing about 9 telkhines coming at them. Nico had his Stygian iron pulled and Zack had his compound bow out. I pulled my bow string back, and let my first arrow fly into the center of a telkhines face. It disintegrated into dust, then the dust flew away.

"We have to kill them! what are you waiting for?" I screamed at them. Zack let out a fierce cry and shot at one but missed my mere inches. Nico and Reese ran into the the fray, swinging swords like mad men. I yelled at Laci "what are you waiting for? kill somthing!" I shot another arrow at the monsters while she unfroze and pulled out her dagger. She ran and plunged the blade deep into ones chest. There was one left. Zack shouted

"No! let me do this one!" we all stood frozen while he walked over to the telkhine and stood less than ten feet in front of it and shoot it point blank. The last thing I heard was it's blood curdling scream before it went into a puff of smoke.

"Well job well done everybody. Now we should go before somthing worse comming at us." Reese announced.

"Well I want to know why you froze Laci," Zack asked. Slightly harshly.

"Because I was scared. I never really did any tyke training at camp and I'd never had to kill a monster before."

"Well me Ki and Reese never had to either. I mean Ki didn't even know she was a Demigod till a few days ago but she killed three just now." Zack was fuming. I didn't understand why. I just hopes he was going to be okay. Then I saw Nico step between Laci and Zack.

"I think you need to stop talking to her like that." He said. Zack turned and stormed off fuming. I felt like I should talk to him. But instead I put away all my weapons, and put all my arrows back I'm their quiver. I was all packed up. Like a normal teenage girl.

"Hey I think I should talk to you guys about somthing." Reese said. Zack had sat down nearby so I guess now was as good time as any to figure out what Reese had to say.

"Continue," I said to him. We all sat down in the soft grass.

"Well the other night Aphrodite came to me in a dream. She told me somthing that while good for us, is obviously getting the better of us. She told me that I was chosen to be Kiana's uh guardian. And Nico you were chosen to be Laci's." I stared wide eyed at him.

"You can't be serious. C'mon Reese. Why should we belive you?" Laci asked him. Instead of talking to her he asked "Nico, do you feel protective of Laci?" He looked at her in such a way, that told us everything we needed to know. Well today has certainly been interesting. I took Reese's hand in mine and gave him a squeeze. "Well we best be on our way then" we all got up and walked over to Zack. I nodded at him. We set off for the five mile trek to the super star motel.

--Reese--

I knew I had to tell them somthing. They had to know at least that little bit. I refused to tell them anything else. We couldn't go through this whole journey with Laci being scared for her life and nico not understanding his protectiveness or attraction to her. It just wasn't right. I felt more at ease holding Ki's hand, walking down the highway than when I was kissing her this morning. I saw an easy confidence in her eyes that replaced the uncertainty. Maybe I would tell her about the attraction thing later. I assumed that we would spend the night at the hotel. And find the opening in the morning.