thirty six

note: thank you guys so much for the 52k reads and 2k votes. honestly, i never would have imagined that people would actually want to read my stuff so thank you!
also: after much brainstorming and contemplation, i'm a little bittersweet to say that this story is indeed coming to an end. the next chapter will be the last one, so i hope you give this chapter all the votes and comments you can for old times sake!
warning: mature content

 the next chapter will be the last one, so i hope you give this chapter all the votes and comments you can for old times sake! warning: mature content

"I can't believe we're done," James breathes out, still processing the fact that they had just finished their NEWTs after weeks of endless studying.

Sirius yawned, stretching his arm over his head. "I, for one, am completely knackered. I'm not planning to use my brain until at least a month of rest."

"No, but I mean... in a few days, we won't even be students in Hogwarts anymore! How crazy is that?"

"I'm just glad I have time to read books I actually enjoy reading now," Remus said, shrugging his shoulders. He had always been a very smart boy, but there's a thing called too much studying and he has done just that for his final exams. "How about you, Pete?"

The shorter boy wasn't paying attention, staring off into space. Remus called his name a few more times before he snapped back to reality. "Huh? What was that?"

Sirius rolled his eyes before throwing an arm over Peter's shoulder as the four of them began to walk down the hallway. "Nothing, Wormtail. Nothing at all."

James scanned the crowd in search for a certain blonde, his tall frame making him locate her in a matter of seconds. The curly-haired boy began walking towards his girlfriend, a grin playing on his lips.

Milla had been talking to a fourth year girl from Hufflepuff when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind in a familiar hug.

"Hey, you," James greeted, breath fanning against her pink cheeks. "How much time does it take for one girl to go to the loo?"

Smiling apologetically at the younger girl who had been in the process of asking her yet another question on how to become a prefect, Milla turned around and narrowed her eyes at James, still within his embrace. "You should never ask that question to a girl. Besides, there was a queue!"

"But you missed all our sentimental 'I can't believe this is over' crap!" The head boy pouted before leaning down to press a chaste kiss on Milla's lips. "Are you still helping me pack?"

The blonde nodded, brushing her bangs away from her eyes. "Yes, Merlin knows you need it."

"Hey!" James complained. "I am perfectly capable of packing my stuff by myself!"