thirty one

note: thank you all so much for the 29k! i can't believe it!
also: all i seem to write now are filler chapters. damn it. sorry in advance ✌🏻

Going back to Hogwarts after the holidays felt eerily similar to the first day of school

Going back to Hogwarts after the holidays felt eerily similar to the first day of school. Platform 9 and 3/4 was buzzing with students, reuniting as if they'd been separated for years instead of two weeks. In fact, almost everything was the same. Well, except for one thing.

"Milla!" Four boys shouted in unison, running to her with eyes lighting up like the 5-year olds they actually were. James Potter lead the race, with Sirius and Remus trailing after and Peter far behind the group. They skidded to a stop noisily in front of her, panting but with matching grins. Suddenly, Milla felt an arm wrap around her shoulder protectively.

"So which one of you is James?" Maxwell asked, appearing to be threatening. The role of an overprotective brother is undoubtedly his favorite to play. Milla rolled her eyes at the silly boys in her life. James, on the other hand, practically trembled.

Milla's brother knew the boy from Quidditch and to be honest, it wasn't hard to take notice of the boy and his infamous group of friends. Maxwell had been prefect since his fifth year up until graduation, and word always gets around about them in meetings. He didn't know the curly-haired boy well, but he did know his reputation and vaguely remembered him pining over Hogwarts' resident wise girl Lily Evans. It was weird to see him beam at Milla as if he'd been crushing on her all his life.

"Don't be stupid, Max," Milla chided, elbowing the older Rosamund and making him grunt painfully. "You know who he is, you loved watching Quidditch at school."

It was Maxwell's turn to roll his eyes. "Right, I remember having to practically drag your ass to watch the matches."

"Wait," James interrupted, eyes wide as he glanced at Milla in disbelief. "You don't like Quidditch?!"

The blonde boy snorted, ruffling his sister's hair. "This one doesn't even know how to fly a broom! I don't know how she passed her first year."

Milla perked up. "Alright I think it's time to go, Max. Goodbye, I'll see you at the end of the term! I'll miss you. Bye now!" she rushed out, trying to push her brother to the direction of their departing parents.

"Oi I'm not yet done!" Maxwell protested, before straightening his back and approaching James. The head boy tensed up when he put his hands harshly against his shoulders, playing if off by fixing James' collar. "Potter,"

The blonde girl winced at the sight. "Max..." she trailed off in warning.

Maxwell smirked at her sister, mouthing 'relax!' before his look hardened, facing James once again. The two boys almost had the same height, but the brown-eyed boy had larger biceps and broader shoulders than the blue-eyed one due to years of playing Quidditch. Despite the knowledge that James could probably take him in a fist-fight or any physical combat, he still couldn't help the nerves that ate away at him when the older boy approached.

"Now I might like watching Quidditch," the older Rosamund started, narrowing his bright ocean eyes. "But kick-boxing? Now that's my real sport. And I am bloody good at it. Just something to keep in mind when you decide to hurt my sister in the long run."

James swallowed. "Noted," he croaked out before clearing his throat. "I mean, yes, of course. I get it."

"Good," Maxwell grinned sarcastically, patting him hardly on his shoulders before backing away. "Alright lads, great speaking with you. Milla, you take care of yourself. Mum will probably write to you as soon as we go home. Love you, sis."

The two siblings engaged in a hug before Maxwell gave a final wave at them and disappeared into the crowd.

"Oh my god!" Milla suddenly exclaimed, mortified. "James, I am so sorry!"

As if practiced, Remus, Sirius, and Peter all bursted out laughing on cue obnoxiously, slapping their hands and clutching at their stomachs.

"Mate," Sirius managed to get out. "Are your balls still intact?"

The bespectacled boy blushed, looking down at his black leather shoes before mumbling out. "Shut up."

She couldn't help but smile at his embarrassed and probably mirroring Milla's mortified look, feeling blood rush to her cheeks as well. "I really am sorry,"

"S'fine."

The head girl sighed before getting her bag from the ground where her brother left it and deciding to change the subject. "Well, c'mon lads, we wouldn't want to lose an empty cabin."

"Wait, Milla!" James called out when she started walking towards the train. She turned around to face him with her eyebrows raised in question. He paused, struggling to find words. "What... what the bloody hell is kick-boxing?"

She giggled, not expecting the completely innocent question. God, sometimes I just want to grab him by his pretty face and kiss the merlin out of him. Shaking off her thoughts, she opted to tease the boy and smirked. "It's best you find that out on your own,"

With that, she continued to walk towards the train, not once looking back at the frozen head boy she left standing behind.

-

honestly i know where i want this story to go but i cant seem to write it! it's so frustrating ughhh!

anyways thank you so much for reading, please don't forget to vote and especially leave comments because they really motivate me to write! love you all byeee.