1: Hitting The Trifecta

♧ 1: Hitting The Trifecta ♣

You're fired. It's over. 

Two words. That's all it takes to turn someone's day into a total nightmare. You can be having the most perfect day where everything is going your way until you hear those two words. It's almost funny, right? How can two words make such a big impact when they are paired together? 

I think anyone would agree that hearing those words can set you back a bit. But what about if you get both of those pairings in a three hour span?

Yup, that's right. I, Maddy Green, have managed to lose my boyfriend of six months and my job at China Wok all in three hours. If this wins me some kind of prize money, I'm here to claim it because god knows that I'll be needing it. Not only to pay for living expenses, but to pay for the tubs of ice cream that I'm about to drown myself in.

I'm going to eat out my feelings like any girl who just got dumped would do.

But, this is no ordinary dumping.  Yes, Andrew left me. Yes, he broke it off. But, not for a reason any girl wants to hear.

"Madeline," He had said to me earlier this morning. 

I guess the first sign that something was wrong was the fact that he called me Madeline rather than my preferred name, Maddy. But, then again, I wouldn't have had much time to take notice because of the next words he said.

"It's over," he continues without hesitation. Almost like the months we spent together meant nothing to him.

"Excuse me?" I choke out.

"Look, I just think we need to see different people," He explains.

And of course, by different people, Andrew meant my former best friend, Jessica Barkley, who I found him making out with not only an hour after he broke it off with me. I guess Jessica took the whole thing where best friends share everything a little bit too seriously. 

If it wasn't for the fact that I was on my way to work, I would've done something to them. Thrown a rock at them, flipped them off, pushed a hotdog cart at them. Something. But, seeing as I've been late to work countless of times and I was on my last straw, I couldn't risk it. However, if I knew that I was going to get fired in two hours time regardless, you can bet that Jessica and Andrew will be in the emergency room due to a hotdog related incident. 

I guess I should blame Andrew for getting me fired. And although, he wasn't the one yelling at a young Chinese couple, he was certainly the reason that lead to it.

What was I supposed to do? I couldn't just sit back and watch that poor girl give her heart away to some guy just to get it ripped out when she least expected it. Nope, I wasn't the type to stand back.

So, the second her boyfriend got up from his seat, I made my way to that poor girl.

"I wouldn't trust him if I were you," I had warned her as I pretended to be clearing the table next to hers.

"Are you talking to me?" She asks in a small voice.

I nod my head. "Well, who else would I be talking to?"

"Oh, I don- I just thought," She stutters. "Never mind."

I sigh. "Look, I'm trying to give you advice here. Your boyfriend isn't who he says he is."

"What are you talking about?"

I look at her dumbly. "Your boyfriend, where did he say he was going?"

"The bathroom."

I let out a sad laugh. "Oh, thats how it all starts. He goes to the bathroom, he meets a pretty girl along the way- your best friend perhaps, and then bam! He's ripping out your heart out as you dream of shoving large amounts of Orange Chicken down his throat."