18: Party Pooper

18: Party Pooper

I'm about to witness something that every teenage girl on Earth dreams of. I'm about to experience something only a handful of people can say they've experienced. I'm about to do the impossible. The unthinkable. The unimaginable. 

I'm about to hear One Direction in the recording booth.

Boom.

And although I'm not a crazy fan girl, I'm still excited. Just being in a recording studio with all these important, musically talented people is something that I've never even dreamt of. It's amazing. 

Paige and I walk down the long hallway, towards the door with the red light. 

"How long have the boys been here?" I ask Paige.

"Early this morning," She tells me. "Harry told me that they had to listen through some demo's and practice."

"So, I'm guessing this is your first time in a studio, too?" I ask, taking a wild guess.

She nods. "Yup, so we'll see how this goes." Suddenly, she stops. "Did you see Liam this morning?"

I shake my head. "No, they left before I woke up. Why? Is something wrong?"

"No, nothings wrong," She says quickly, then smiles. "It's just, he was in a really good mood this morning. LIke, he was joking around with Harry and Louis and then he talked to me about a Twitcam Dance Battle Re-Match. I have no idea where this came from. It's such a drastic change from yesterday morning, you know?"

I smile to myself as I hear her say that. Just hearing that I somehow made an impact on his view made all the difference. It made me realize that if I could help him with just my words, imagine what someone could do with actions. 

"Well, maybe he realized that it can only get better from here," I say as Paige knocks on the door.

"Maybe," She agrees. "But whatever it was, I'm so glad he's acting normal."

"Me too."

Just then the door opens, revealing Noel, who is holding a cup of coffee. When he sees us, he smiles and let's us in.

"Ah, the inspiration has arrived!" Noel says cheerily. "Come in, come in. Harry insisted that we wait for you both before we actually started recording."

Paige blushes as she glances through the large glass window at Harry, who waves at her excitedly. I smile at that. They really are cute. 

I glance at the rest of the boys who are lined up along the wall, sitting on single chairs as Zayn gets himself set up at the mic. I lock eyes with him for a second and can't help but laugh at how he's dressed. This is probably the only time I'll be able to see him looking like crap. His hair is in no way styled, his face is unshaven and his clothing looks like he slept in them the night before. I know there is no sense in dressing up to record, but out of all the boys, I though Zayn would at least try. 

When my eyes meet Zayn's I let out a laugh, to which he gives me a questioning look. 

I mouth out, "You look like crap."

His eyes widened as he looked down at himself. He then sticks his tongue out at me as if he didn't really care anymore.

I look at the rest of the boys, who are all dressed as causally as Zayn. When I look at Niall, our eyes lock. For a second, I want to look away but I can't. His blue eye still shone underneath the dim light. Im surprised that he was looking at me. I can't help but wonder if Trinity is going to show up, I doubt it, considering she has a job of her own. 

"You two can sit right there, if you want," Noel says to me and Paige as he breaks me from my eye contact with Niall. I quickly look away and see the set of chairs that Noel is directing us towards. "Oh, and there are doughnuts in the back room," Noel points to the closed door. "Just don't take the last chocolate, I called it," Noel then proceeded to lean over the man running the booth and press the button so the boys could hear. "Do you hear that Niall? The last chocolate is mine."

"Okay," I say laughing as Niall's jaw drops.

"Thank you," Paige replies as we take our seats.

I look around the studio. All sorts of sliders and buttons cover the long board that is beneath the large clear window. Through the window, I see Zayn standing up next to the mic, one hand on the headphone and the other reading over his lyrics.  

"Alright, Zayn," The guy running the booth says into the speaker as he presses a small button on the control panel, the same one Noel just pushed.  "You all ready?"

Zayn and the rest of the boys all nod their heads.

"Awesome," He responds. "So, just start from the top."

Zayn puts both hands on his headphones as the music plays. The first thing I notice is that it's slow which is fairly different from their past singles that they released. 

"Your hand fits in mine, like it's made just for me. But bear this in mind, it was meant to be," Zayn sings. "I'm joint up the dots with the freckles on your cheek and it all makes sense to me."

Zayn stops singing and the man smiles. "That was great. Just run through it again so we get variety."

Zayn run through that section of the verse a couple more times before the man instructs him to sit down and calls up Liam.

Liam sends me a glance and I nod my head, remembering our little talk at One Stop. He knows he's ready and so do I. Liam reverts his gaze to man as he puts his headphones on. He goes over the lyric sheet.

"Whenever you're ready, Liam," The man says.

I find myself holding my breath in anticipation for him. I want him to blow this song out of the water.

Liam takes a few more seconds before tell the man he's ready. Again, the music starts and Liam picks up right where Zayn left off. 

"I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, you've never loved your stomach or your thighs," Liam sings and I let out a deep breath, relieved that he's doing great. "The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine, but I'll love them endlessly."

Liam stops singing and looks over at the man who nods his head approvingly. "Great, Liam. Can we get another one just in case?"

And just like that, everything was moving. One by one the boys went up and sang their parts, having to do multiple takes for variety and then they'd sit back down. Although the process was time consuming, it went by quickly and before I knew it, each boy had gone up and now the boys are doing their harmonies for the chorus. 

As Niall sang his chorus harmony, I couldn't help but meet his gaze every few seconds. As he sang, "But it's you, oh, it's you. It's you, they add up to. I'm in love with you."

I can't help but wonder if he's singing it to me or if he's just happens to be looking at me. Is he thinking of Trinity as he sings this? I can't think of anything else as he harmonizes the song beautifully.

The song itself is beautiful. The meaning, the emotion, the heart. Everything about it is something that girls need to hear. Something that everyone can feel good from. Hell, I know it made me feel good about myself.

If it's one thing these boys can do is make a girl weak to her knees with just a few verses. They can make any girl faint with just telling her how beautiful she really is. In fact, I bet they can sing about mowing the lawn and girls would be willing to pay their right leg to see them perform it. It's really ridiculous to think about that.

Then, suddenly, it hit me.

All this time I was trying to come up with a super cool idea for a charity event, something to really get the crowd, but what I overlooked is the one thing that the boys actually get paid to do.

Sing.

The boys can put on a Charity Concert, that's how we can help. 

It's perfect.