22: Take a Hint

22: Take a Hint

"Okay, what do you think of this one? I think it's definitely a possibility but I'll need an amazing essay to get in."

I glance up from my brochure to some small university outside London and look at Paige, who is already handing over the next packet. We have been looking over different universities all afternoon and I've gotten to the point where I will literally put all the brochures in a bowl and pick one at random and be done with it. 

However, I know Paige wouldn't be up for that. She'd much rather look into each university individually and pick from there. 

I take the brochure and skim it over, not fully processing what I'm reading because at this point, my brain is mush from the other fifty brochures Paige made me look at. 

"I think it's good," I say handing it back over to her.

"That's what you said for the past twenty," Paige sighs, taking it.

"Well, they are all good," I offer up, even though we both know that I'm pretty much gone.

"I know this is boring, but once we find the right college it'll all be smooth sailing," Paige tells me. 

"Yeah, but finding that said college is a pain in the ass," I mutter, leaning back in my chair. "I don't know if I can look at another college brochure again without crying."

"Oh, quit being a baby," Paige says playfully. "Just take a break. I'm going to keep reading."

Not arguing, I let my arms hang as I try to make myself relax. My mind keeps wandering back to my talk with Niall and although it really wasn't a talk, we solved the problem that we had and now everything is getting better. 

Starting with the charity event.

"Hey, so did Harry tell you about my charity event me and Niall are planning?" I ask Paige, keeping my eyes closed.

"He did," She says. "I think it's awesome and what better person to do it than you."

I smile. "Yeah, that's what Niall said, but I'm just hoping it'll be a success."

"If One Direction has anything to do with it, it will be," Paige reassures me.

"Yeah, girls will go crazy for them, huh?" I agree. "I just need to get this all planned out because Niall checked the schedule and they can really only fit this event in in like two weeks on the 27th. So, I have a lot of planning to do."

"Well, I'm sure you'll get everything sorted out," Paige reassures me. "And if you need help, you can always just ask me."

"Thanks, I may need it," I mumble.

Suddenly, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I freeze as I feel it vibrate continuously.

Every time I get a phone call, my first instinct is to stop whatever I'm doing. Now that I'm not really in contact with my old London life, my cell phone usage has really dwindled down. However, rare moments when I do get calls, it was either Andrew or Jessica.

Ever since I ran into Andrew at One Stop, he hasn't called and for a moment, I thought he was done trying to contact me. Could this be him? Is he going to keep trying? Did he not get the hint?

Tentatively, I pull out my phone already preparing myself to push the 'Ignore' button. However, it isn't Andrew or Jessica calling. It isn't even Montey calling to tell me my schedule for next week. 

Mom.

My parents are calling me. Is it sad that I'd much rather talk to Andrew and Jessica?

I stare at the name on my screen and I almost Ignore it, but figuring I'd get chewed out, I make my way to the living room and answer it begrudgingly.