epilogue

"Can I open my eyes already?"
"Just a second!" I hear some shoveling and soft cursing. "And open them"
I remove the blindfold Jace put on me, and look around amazed. There were lights in the trees, music playing in the background and food and drinks on a picnic blanket. I turn around towards where Jace is standing, I basically jump on him and kiss his whole face.

"Happy anniversary" he says and then kisses me

"Happy anniversary" he says and then kisses me. I smile and pull away.
"Happy 1 year anniversary" I then quickly kiss him before sitting down on the blanket.
"I can't believe you did all of this" I say looking at all the food he brought, a baguette, fruit, baked goods and so much more. He brought fake candles, our favorite song was playing and he even brought extra blankets for when we get cold.

Jace sat next to me and wraps his arms around me pulling me in a hug.
"I wanted our first anniversary to be special! You should wait for next year I'll go all out, firework and all!"
I laugh. "So you think you can survive another year with me?"
"If I can survive dinner with your parents for the first time, I can survive anything!" He says while laughing. I slap his arm and pout.
"My parents weren't that bad, they're just very protective, and definitely with everything that happened to us in the past 2 years"
"Hey that just proves that we can endure anything that comes in our path"
I think back to all the paparazzi I had to get used to, all the red carpets I went to with Jace, all the interviews Jace had about us when I was listening backstage.
"It was definitely a crazy year" I say still thinking about all the memories we made.
"Oh I totally forgot, I made you a present!" I immediately get out of the hug and pout again.
"No! We weren't going to do presents, and you already surprised me with this picnic, you're going to make me feel bad for not getting you anything"
"Well its not like I can return it so you should just suck it up and take it"
I laugh and open the present he got me. I gasp as I see what it is, Jace had made me a photobook full of pictures of us and friends. It were pictures from 2 years ago when we first met, a picture of our return. Pictures from when we reunited, and the months afterwards back where we were still friends. And a picture Jace's mom took of our first kiss, the rest of the album was full of pictures from last year. The last page had a picture of us on my couch under a blanket cuddeling, with the text: to many more years of cuddeling to come.

I smiled, placed the album on the ground and kissed him.
"Thank you" I whisper "And I promise I'll get you a present too"
Jace grabs me by my waist and pulls me on his lap. He pulls me close and says. "I know what you can get me" and then kisses me intensely

They stayed out for hours, kissing, cuddling, talking about anything that came to mind. It was nighttime when they gave eachother a last kiss before going home. They were happy, finally happy. They stayed in a relationship for years to come, they had their ups and downs but they always came back to eachother.
And if you're wondering what happened with Dave. Well he moved to the other side of the US and neither Grace nor Jace has ever seen him again. 

The end.