Chapter Twenty

(Lucien's Point Of View)
"I'm sorry, This all should of came out the first time I selfishly hurt your feelings" I sighed raking my hand through my hair crossing the room to flop down into the regal velvet and horribly gawky throne that sat right in the middle of the first floor on this platform pedestal for all those to see when they came into this manor.

"No, it's not that don't blame yourself" Emmett looked up from the wall and cautiously wandered over to where I was sitting.
"There is no one else to blame but myself here, I should of grown a backbone and put my foot down ages ago" I sank further down into the chair picking at the fabric covering the arm.

(Emmett's Point Of View)
I knew from the start there was something different about Lucien, he was way too regal and polished for a normal higher up because they usually play dirty and nasty.

"Are you sure you don't want to rethink this?" His eyes flickered up to me displaying the confusion and apprehension swimming through those violet orbs like poison. I couldn't help but feel a little sad for him having this sort of position at this age.

"No, I do not. But this keeps on the down low in the branch, I get enough shit for you being a higher up" I hesistantly stepped towards the throne where he was folded up in hating on himself, I neared closer to the chair and lifted my leg over his knee and flopped into his lap.

"Wait what are you doing?" His eyes widened throwing his arms up in surrender completely unsure where to put his hands considering I was straddling him.

"If it distracts you from blaming yourself so be it" I shrugged leaning forward only for him to turn his head.

"I won't allow you to feel obligated to distract me, I'm not the sort of king that his wife's only purpose is so service him sexually" Lucien swallowed shifting uncomfortably underneath me.

"I'll give you at least two weeks before you come crawling back because you're sexually frustrated and in pain in your menlyhood" I smirked shifting higher onto his thighs.

"I think you would crack before I would" He scoffed sticking his hands under my arms to push me off of him onto my feet in front of him.

"That's rude of you, I thought you were the one trying to win me back, I can just ya know..Go home and die" I shrugged slowly turning to walk towards the door.

"Hey I didn't say that" He protested suddenly popping up in my path.

"Are you that lazy to apparate a few metres" I cocked an eyebrow at him huffing sassily.

"It's late let me show you to your bed chambers, I have to keep you here for a while until this dies down" He held his hand out to the regal double stairwell curling around over the throne to the other floor of the manor.

"So I can't even stay with you huh? Don't worry I get it, you have all your big meetings with demonoids from around the world" I rolled my eyes pushing down the small tinge of disappointment that jabbed at my stomach.

"Master Lucien, One of the council members wishes to speak with you." A small voice spoke from behind my shoulder and I spun around to meet the timid gaze of a boy no older than Nick and thin as a tooth pick but he bore a striking familiarity to Valley, pale skin and grey-blue eyes void of any emotion aside from silent sadness the only difference was the orange and brown highlights covering his hair instead of the raven black that Valley always had.

"Go right ahead. I can do whatever" I shrugged shoving past him towards the staircase.

"I can show Master Syrus to his room" The boy bowed to Lucien as he reluctantly headed down another hallway.
"So what's your name?" I caught him running up to the stairs just out of the corner of my eye.

"My name is Ren sir, I am a servant of Lord Lucien and the council" He bowed low at my side.

"Do you have a brother?" I asked starting up the stairs but still slow enough to hold the conversation with him.

"Yes Sir, he is a year older than I am" He nodded always keeping one stair between us as if he was too scared of me to walk alongside "I should show you to your room, I will just have to retrieve some essentials for the room because it's been years since someone as came here" He smiled timidly as we reached the landing of the second floor.

"Would you like me to help?" I offered starting to follow him up the hallway towards storage closets hidden neatly away.

"Oh no! I would be get in trouble from The Lord" He whimpered in protest "Let me show you your room first" He looked around worriedly before grasping my wrist and pulled me down another connecting hallway, He stopped at one of the doors at the end of the hallway near the painting of an older man that did look awfully similar to Lucien, Ren reached into his pocket to retrieve a wrought iron key shakily fumbling it into the lock and creaking open the door.

"You never told me your brother's name" I pointed out taking a few steps into the guest room, everything was draped in a deep red and black from the drapes right down to the quilt covering the oversized dark wood four poster bed sitting in the middle of the bedroom.

I turned around to find that Ren had disappeared from the doorway leaving me alone in the room totally unsure of what to do with myself staring into the empty space where he once stood "I'm sorry I went to retrieve some items" Ren suddenly appeared in the empty kicking at the lingering mist around his feet shifting the folded up fabrics in his arms.

"I was wondering what your brother's name was" I tried again flopping down onto the long cushioned ottoman sat at the foot of the bed.

"Valley sir, Valley Castaberos." He stuck his bottom lip in between his teeth averting his gaze to the blood red carpet at his feet. I literally felt all colour drain away from my face and the bile settling in my throat threatening to ruin this expensive flooring.

"Do you know him?" His icey blue hopeful gaze bore into me like a pair of icey daggers.

"I do, he's one of my good friends" I nodded leaning back against the bed watching the poor guy's face change to look like I had kicked his favourite puppy "I said to Lucien that he has to release Valley. Hopefully soon" I smiled reassuringly and he stared back at me clearly unconvinced.

"I have a nighshirt, towels and spare blankets for you just in case" He snapped out of his forlorn haze holding up the folded pile in his arms.

"I forget that Hell is still living in the dark ages" I groaned taking the longsleeved oversized cotton nightshirt that laced up loosely at the collar from Ren.

"Unfortunately yes but we do have technology here" He pointed to the flatscreen mounted on the wall which in my eyes is the only heaven down here.

"Ah well, I might go for a shower. Thank you for your help Ren" I reached up to gently pat his head as he bowed politely backing out of the room and running off somewhere else. And once again I find myself trapped against my will.