Chapter Fifty Seven

--Lucien's POV--
Ren was waiting by a tree close to the still holding the baby in his arms try to quieten its cries of pain which were nothing more than strained quiet sounds when I made it out of the building

"I've contacted Juvia, she wants us to see her ASAP"

"Good idea, Emmett? I just need to put you down for a sec. Try not to move that foot" I ordered gently setting him down onto his feet keeping ahold of his arm so he didn't sway "You okay?"

"I'm gonna be sick" He blew out a breath dropping his head down bracing himself against the tree.

"Deep breaths Love. It's okay" I cooed rubbing my hand up and down his back.

"They, were only babies. They didn't deserve to be thrown away like trash" Emmett sniffed trying to stop the steady stream of tears dropping into the grass at his feet "And I was thinking that I should of inflicted the same fate on our child, I'm no better than him"

"Hey, Emmett. Look at me" I stepped in front of him and lifted his face to look at me "You are nothing like them, you don't even fall into the category. You are the best thing that happened to this Kingdom, trust me." I tucked his fringe behind his ear and wiped at the lingering tear on his cheek "Feel better?"

He nodded righting himself again and sighing "We gotta get that baby to Juvia if she has any chance"

"Too right, I'm also getting her to look at your damn foot. I'll be damned if you're spending christmas in a cast if you end up breaking it."

"Christmas is five months away, it'll heal before then. We might even have a christmas baby, Derrick too. Imagine if they were born the same day" Emmett chuckled limping back towards the car.

"Good lord, I can hear my wallet burning just thinking about buying presents" I shuddered opening the door for him before getting in after him.

"Well I'll try my best then to avoid it" He smirked leaning his head back against the backseat "Can you please take us through the portal to the California Supernatural Hospital?" He asked the driver politely who nodded returning a small smile.

I looked over at Ren who was still clutching the baby to his chest in a white knuckled grip "Hey, Juvia is good. We'll help her"

"But a lot of treatments for the Nether Virus don't work" Ren whined looking down at the now sleeping baby.

"Juvia was working on one that she brought over from England" Emmett cut in reaching across to brush his fingers against their cheek.

"We have arrived Your Majesty" The driver slowed to stop in front of the hospital entrance.

"Thank you, you're dismissed for the day" I nodded to him before climbing out of the car, holding my hand out for Emmett.

--Emmett's POV--
"Thanks" I took it gratefully trying to get out without bumping my foot too hard, Juvia and Mira were already waiting at the doors.

"Mira will take care of the little one, Ren can go with her. You two are coming with me" Juvia motioned for us to follow her. Ren reluctantly gave the baby over to Mira and following along behind her.

"Right, how are you feeling today Em?" Juvia looked over her shoulder at us as she opened the door to a private room "In you go, I'm gonna give you a full work up"

"Is it necessary?" I complained limping across the room to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Yes. Especially after your stunt with the rabbit blood" Juvia grumbled working at getting my jacket off my shoulders when I caught glint off her hand.

"Hey Juvia, that looks like a very pretty ring on a very special finger" I caught her wrist to inspect the impressive looking ring.

"It's just a ring Em" She rolled her eyes tugging her hand away despite the pink tinge to her cheeks.

"Don't lie" Lucien smirked taking a seat in the armchair on the other side of the bed.

"It's not!" Juvia answered entirely too quickly pushing me to lie back on the bed "Okay maybe I don't want everyone to know yet!" She huffed indignantly moving to remove my boots and setting them down on the floor.

"I knew it, I'm happy for you guys" I smiled wincing when she pressed down on my foot.

"Thanks, what did I say to you about this foot?" She tsked reaching into the nearby draw for a snap ice pack

"I'm sorry, I also stomped my foot not realising it was this foot" I replied sheepishly holding back a groan as she pushed the ice pack onto the darkest purple bruise and wrapped the bandage tightly to hold it in place.

"You can be an idiot sometimes" Juvia sighed moving to wrap a blood pressure cuff around my arm "And just for that disobedience, I'm not letting you leave"

"Aw come on, I said I was sorry"

"Too bad, this foot is unuseable at the moment and I will not let you make it worse" She examined the results on the blood pressure before removing the cuff "I also want to take another ultrasound to see if the little one didn't do any damage to you in its little tantrum"

"Be my guest" I slumped back into the pillows pushing my shirt up for her.

"How's the nausea today?" She asked poking and prodding at my stomach.

"It was okay, I did have a headache and felt a little overheated but I was fine. I did feel nauseous when we visited the orphange." I felt my chest tighten and the sting of tears threaten to take hold.

"I assume that has something to with that Little Baby girl in my intensive care unit" She looked up at me sympathetically.

"There was at least 30 children, laying there like they were nothing. I hate it down there" I snapped turning my head to the side.

"I know, I despise it too. You can return here once the hype has died down" Juvia gave my hand a gentle squeeze before reaching across for the gel.

"We can endure for another few weeks then we can celebrate Cressida's birthday" Lucien leaned back in the chair ignoring the buzzing of his phone from the constant calls and messages from reporters.

"Alrighty let's take a look at the little devil, get it?" She giggled smearing the gel across my stomach and pressing the probe to skin, I tried not to flinch at the pressure against my already sore stomach muscles. "Huh."

"What's wrong?" Lucien sat up straighter a worried look passing across his face reaching to grab hold of my hand.

"So. I might of overlooked something on your initial ultrasound" She laughed nervously peering closer at the computer screen.
"Is it bad?" I asked swallowing against the sudden dryness in my throat.

"Um. It's not life threatening, which is good but.." She turned the screen to us "You have three buns in the oven."

"Oh." I wheezed suddenly feeling lightheaded, I felt the pressure on my hand disappear and the sound of Lucien hitting the floor.

"Well, I've never ever seen Lucien faint before. That was epic" Juvia burst out laughing wiping away tears of pure joy "Congratulations Sweetpea"