Chapter Eight

(Lucien's Point Of View)

"No I won't be doing that. The natural order has spoken, If I abandoned him like this he would never forgive us higher up demonoids and the consequences on his body would be catastrophic" I could feel my fangs piercing into my bottom lip ready to tear his jugular out in a second.

"He's only a fértile and he is eighteen, there's plenty of demonoid women that would look hot with your marking" Vincent chuckled taking an apple from the fruit bowl.

"No! Vincent you are never like this! Why are you acting like this?!" I yelled slamming the plate onto the counter cracking it into pieces beneath my palm.

"I've grown up! A homosexual relationship never works with a ruling demonoid! Look at your father and your biological father!" He snapped crushing the apple in his fist throwing it at the wall splattering it onto the kitchen tiles.

"That's because he was seduced BY a woman!" I tossed the shards into the trash can turning to face him completely.

"So why is fair that you get to have a male that actually wants you when other people are chewed up and spat out!" His voice shook at the end as he dropped his head.

"Is this what this is about?" I sighed walking over to where was standing near the wall "You found your mate and they didn't want you" I felt a stab of pity in my stomach as his shoulders started shaking.

"It's been years. Then it's over in a minute flat" He gave a small choked whimper burying his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry Vince" I apologised wrapping my arms around him in a tight bear hug gently rubbing his shoulders soothingly listening to his quiet sobs into my shoulder "Okay, you need to go home. Eat and sleep. You're tired and grumpy." I let my arms drop from his shoulders and he nodded silently disappearing a mist of black smoke.

(Emmett's Point Of View)

This garden was actually so beautiful, the grass was a light green colour and flower beds lined the fence line near the sitting area near the pool. I spotted the rose garden alongside the right fenceline and it reminded me of home, My mother always loved planting roses in the garden from the pink and red to the yellow and whote but even if we were lucky there would be midnight blue petalled roses.

I found myself kneeling at the level of the roses closely examining the velvetty texture of each individual petal, the last happy memory was sitting out in the rose garden cutting roses for the new vases my mother had bought from one of the new stores when we had visited France, but now all I could remember was the beautiful flowers being sprayed with crimson red blood from my own parents' bodies.

"So do you like my flowers?" I turned to find Lucien sitting on the top step of the porch cradling his hand in his lap.

"Yeah, they're really pretty actually." I dusted the loose dirt from my jeans and stood up.

"I've never had a guest that actually took that much interest in them" He smiled shifting a little on the step to let me sit down.

"My mother gardened as a hobby and I just took it on too, I haven't seen them in years" I shrugged leaning back on my hands looking up at the sky that still had an orange tinge as if it was still half asleep.

"Why not?" He cocked his head questioningly crossing his feet together as if he was waiting for me to pour my heart out to him.

"There's a lot of blood involved, namely our flowers were painted with her blood. Just didn't want to look at them after that" I shrugged, Lucien leaned back sighing loudly moving his hand from his lap to wrap it around mine.