Chapter Fifty Eight

--Lucien's POV--
I groaned at the pounding at the back of my head "Hey, Wakey Wakey" I felt a tapping at my face as I cracked open my eyes.

"Is he dead?" I heard Emmett's laugh when Juvia's face came into focus

"Nope, Welcome back Papa" Juvia grinned helping me to sit up "You hit your head pretty good, I even filmed the fall. I might send them to all our friends"

"Ow, that's not funny" I moaned cradling my head in my hands.

"It was a little bit" Emmett snickered pushing himself further up against the pillows.

"I'm going to go check up on your Little One, don't be going anywhere" Juvia warned helping me to my feet before slipping out of the room.

"Your head okay?" Emmett asked sitting up fully now

"Its fine, how embarassing" I felt my cheeks burning as I sat down on the edge of the bed "Just, wow. Three babies"

"You're telling me" He scoffed running his hand through his hair.

"What's on your mind Em?"

"Juvia told me that three babies could be detrimental to my health if I don't take it easy,and that reducing the number is safer. But..I don't want to" Emmett bit his lip clenching his hands into the blankets.

"Neither do I Emmett, I'm happy. Triplets are unheard of in demonoids, its stuff of legends." I leaned across to press my lips to his dropping my head to rest against his.

"It'll be hard but we've had worse right?" He smiled stiffling a yawn

"Rest for now Love, its been a long day" I gently brushed my fingers through his hair watching his eyes start to droop.

"Can you go see..the baby, I wanna know if she's okay" Emmett slurred dipping off into sleep.

"Okay, sleep well" I gently kissed his forehead and hopped off the bed, the door clicked open as Mira stepped in.

"Hiya, Juvia just asked me to hook him up to some blood tranfusions to get his strength up." She dropped a few blood bags onto the nearby table.

"He's asleep now so I'm just going to go see the baby that came in with us"

"If you head to the ICU she's in Room 125, Juvia and Ren are there now. I can watch over Emmett for now" Mira smiled shooing me out of the room. I peered up at the sign hanging from the roof and followed the arrow down another corridor and into another.

I spotted Ren standing aimlessly outside of the room texting someone on his phone.

"Hey..is everything okay?" I asked gently touching his arm

"Juvia..she doesn't know, her treatment has a fifty fifty success rate at the moment as it hasnt been tested a huge amount of times. But any help is better than none, I was just letting Valley know"

"Alright, I suggest that you head on home and get some rest. Em and I dont need any protection here, He'll be staying here for the night anyway" I shooed him down the hallway in hopes to get the kid to leave and take a break.

"Okay, only because Lacey is looking for me. Call me if you need anything" He bowed slightly and turned in the opposite direction.

Letting out a breath I gently poked my head inside the room, Juvia was sitting beside the bed gently running a brush through the little girl's white blonde hair now clean and free of dirt.

The girl looks miniature in comparison to the crib hooked up to multiple monitors and breathing apparatuses, her skin was still ashen and her body was almost a skeleton lacking any body fat whatsoever.