Chapter Fifty Five

--Lucien's POV--
"How is he doing brother?" Cressida appeared across my desk in the chair.

"His moods are very..volatile, I believe he does harbour some self loathing in regards to his condition" I sighed pushing my pen around on my file.

"Vampiric demonoid mixed with fertilé DNA makes them highly fertile so it was bound to happen, I'm sure he definitely wants the baby but his selfess brain is overworking and stressing, which in turn sends both of them into a panic"

"I am just worried about how he will cope with everything, he's so frail and then all the royal duties" I bit my lip tightening my grip on the pen.

"Hey, he's a tough guy. And he has a whole team of people looking out for him." Cressida sat back in the chair tugging on his hair
"Yeah, I was thinking of taking him away from here and bringing him back for any events"

"Luci? Who're you talking to at this time of night?" I heard Emmett's raspy voice from down the hallway before limping into the study "Oh hey Cress, isn't it a school night?"

"Yeaah, but you don't need to tell my dad that because he doesn't know that I've gone" Cressida chuckled rubbing his head sheepishly.

"What are you doing up Em? Especially on that foot" I scolded standing up

"I came to see who it was" He rolled his eyes leaning against the doorframe

"Well I only came to see how you were so I'll let you guys have some time alone" Cressida smiled sliding past Emmett in the doorway and disappearing.

"How are you feeling love?" I approached him slowly and pressed the back of my hand to his cheek.

"Surprisingly better, I do feel bad about offloading my emotional baggage on you"

"Hey, Its new to you. I'm with you through everything" I reached for his hand and squeezed softly.

"I do want this baby, I know my emotions arent showing it but I would want nothing more to have bundles of children with you. I'm just worried about their future, I don't want them to live in the world that we do" Emmett swallowed laying his free hand to his stomach.

"We're gonna change that anyway. Trust me, I will lay down my life to protect you two" I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close to my chest kissing the top of his head.

"You're very calm about this Luci"

"Because I had invisioned a big family with you My Love, a family of my own" I chuckled brushing my fingers through his hair.
"Even if it gets complicated?"

"Of course I will do anything for you, I love you Emmett and this ring proves that" I lifted his hand to kiss the gold ring on his finger.

"Okay, Well then you can join me in bed for a decent night sleep so we can go investigate these workhouses, someone is bound to notice that Lacey is gone" Emmett tugged on my hand leading me out of the study and into our bedroom

"Are you sure that you're up for it? You're still pretty ill" I frowned allowing him to unbutton the buttons on my shirt.

"I'm feeling miles better actually, still a little bit tired but not as nauseous" He smiled tossing one of my sleep shirts at me.

"That's good, so you need your sleep too. We can scope out workhouses but you are not allowed to take action" I pulled off my pants and turned back the covers.

"Aw, but I was looking forward to knocking teeth out" Emmett pouted crawling into his own side.

"Definitely not, one blow to your stomach can be severe" I switched off the lamp on the nightstand and shifted closer wrapping my arms around him.