Chapter Forty Six

--Emmett's POV--
My day wittled away very slowly between playing video games with Nick as Nolan slept while almost eating Alistair out of house and home, He and Derrick went out at midday in search of cold medicine for the sick werewolf.

"We should order fast food for dinner, invite Cressida and Mischa over" Nick beamed tossing his controller onto the ground after another unsucessful attempt at a Mario Bros level.

"Go right ahead, I think Alistair and Derrick have stopped off at his house on the way home from Daniel" I shrugged sitting back against the foot of the bed.

"My dad's sick?"

"Oh! I think he's just got the flu or something" Nick smiled resting a hand on Nolan's thigh.

"No you don't undersand Nick, Werewolves don't get sick unless they're dying" He frowned reaching blindly for his phone.

"Alistair said he was doing way better once he got outside" I butted in switching off the TV "Do you mind if I step out for a moment?" I asked nodding towards the balcony doors.

"Sure. I bet you wanna talk to your love dove" Nick teased sticking his tongue out at me.

"Yeah yeah" I rolled my eyes at him slipping out of the room and closing the door behind me, I folded myself into the deck chair and flipped open my phone. Scrolling through my contacts I came upon Lucien's name and dialled.

"I was counting down the hours until you contacted me love"

"Well I was playing video games and meeting my foster father in law" I scoffed leaning back in he pillows.

"That helps me relax knowing that you're home not out in some sleazy night club" Lucien chuckled, I could hear Dylan in the background making a comment about Jovia being a lightweight and Jovia's explicit retort.

"I think your baby brother is here too" I said when a bang sounded from inside Nick's bedroom.

"Emmie! I brought Vodka!"

"He did what now?" Lucien's voice lowered dangerously and I gave Cressida a warning glare.

"Don't worry, I'll be the responsible adult and make sure they're behaving" I smirked over at Cressida who was rolling his eyes in exasperation motioning for me to get it over with.

"You're not exactly an upstanding adult anyway" Lucien snorted clinking his glass around on the other side.

"Well I'm getting withdrawals here, I miss you." I swallowed the small lump forming in my throat.

"My sweet little dove as much as I prefer to be in your company it's only for another day then we can spend as long you we like together in our undisclosed honeymoon location" Lucien purred and I could practically see that charming little grin on his face.

"You are a real smooth one aren't you huh?" I blushed leaning against the railing watching the blue waves crashing against the rocks at the foot of the cliff.

"Because I love you Emmett, and I'm antsy to spend the rest of my life with you" Lucien sighed quietly.

"Well we don't die or age unless someone uses the right weapon, I mean my only purpose really is to bear heirs or heiresses to your throne" I scoffed pulling my knees up to my chest as a brisk sea breeze swept through.

"I do like the thought of a little blonde girl with your eyes wandering around here with the family's purple eyes" He leered

"Of course you do, I mean the whole of hell will be on our asses about it" I snickered flipping the middle finger at Cressida who was pulling faces and making kiss faces on the window.