ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴀʟ (𝟷)

[Anon]

You were loyal to your master, David. You did everything he asked. You would even kill for him, which made you uneasy but still would do.

You were summoned to his chamber. Random thoughts ran through your mind. 'Is-my-master-mad-at-me? Did-I-do-something?" your rambling mind was soon stopped when you reached the door of his chamber. You knocked quietly. You heard a sudden "Come in." you were shaking from the fear of your thoughts.

"(Name) you're finally here, I have a request for you," he said slowly.

"What is it, you know I'll do anything, even if it cost my life!" I quietly shouted.

"Really, well then. I want you to infiltrate the so-called 'Resistance' base, make them trust you. You'll report what happens through this orb. This mission may take days, week, maybe even years. As long as I have the information on what there going to do. It'll be fine, you are dismissed. Do me well." he said handing me the orb.

"Yes Master David." I bowed and left his chamber. 'I going to make master proud.' these thoughts ran through my head.

[Years Later - (Reader)]

It's been years since this mission was assigned to me. I intended to finish it for him. The leader of this so-called 'Resistance' was no other than Solomon, the son of David. How could he betray his father like this? Such a disappointment.

"(Name) is something wrong. You don't look so good. You look constipated." I turned to see a messy blue-haired boy, and a pink-haired girl tagging along.

"Oh Solomon, hello Sheba, I'm fine. Just thinking about stuff." I replied calmly.

"What stuff?" Sheba asked.

'Darn it. What should I say, got it!', "I'm just thinking about when I first joined the resistance. You all were very nice to me" I said facing the ground, "everyone was nice to me, except for you, Sheba."

"Well, of course, I still don't trust you. I mean, you worked under David, the one who tries to control all the other species into submission. Believed that the other species were meant to be controlled and killed, instead of living amongst us peacefully." she explained.

"You worked under him too. Remember, you were powering the Gunud by giving away your life source, as I heard." I fired back.

"Yeah, well... we never know if you could be a spy for him. You just show up out of the blue saying you wanna join the resistance, help the other species and go against David and Ill Ilah." she started.

"Well, you were saved from the Gunud tower and brought to the resistance. I heard that you didn't even want to be here and tried to leave and go back to the tower to control the other species, later being ambushed by a manticore, and calling it disgusting. Am I right?" I finished, not really she was still firing back.

"Yeah... uh... you... you-" she was stopped by none other than Solomon.

"Sheba, train that mouth of yours. You know when you lost. As for you (name) come with me," he said walking away.

"So-Solomon," Sheba stuttered. I walked passed her and she grabbed me by my collar and said "I'm watching you." eventually letting me go to follow Solomon, exiting the room.

. . .

We entered his chambers, he looked as if we have if he had something to get off his mind.

"Is there something wrong Solomon," I asked.

"Yes, something very wrong. I found this in your room," he walked to his pillow and pulled out my orb then sitting on his bed, "Do you mind explaining what this is."

'Crap, he found it.' I stiffened and said, "Do you mind explaining what you were in m-"

"Answer me first, then I'll answer your question," he said calmly.

"It's an orb. A communicating one."

"Have you used it?" he said facing the floor.

"What abo-"

"(Name)!" he shouted. It was frightening yet quiet and calm.

"No, I have not," I said the truth. There was nothing to lie about. I haven't found anything to report about to Master David.

"Good, because you're never gonna use it again," he said smashing it onto the floor, shattering it.

I gasped. I looked at the ground which had shattered glass where Solomon stood. How will I communicate with Master David now?

"Sheba was right not to trust you. But I didn't care. You earned my trust. I have nothing to say. But something to do." he stood up and walked towards me. What does he plan on doing?

"W-what are you doing!" I yelled as he put two fingers on my head.

"Extracting your memories of David and this sudden plan he had, the only thing you'll remember will be the resistance and the memorable memories you had here."

My sight was starting to get all blurry. Extracting my memories of... who and... what. My eyes closed shut, leaving me to see nothing but black.

[Solomon]

(Name) has finally fallen asleep. The extraction was successful. I placed her on my bed. I left the room so she could rest. I was eventually interrupted by Sheba in the hall.

"Solomon... I was wondering if you might want to go on a date with me," she said fiddling with her fingers.

"No thanks." I circled around her and continued walking.

'Wah!" I heard her yell. She sounded like she was defeated.

The only person I wanna go on a date with is (name), I love her after all.