Under the Spotlight

"Riley could you explain this to me?" Justin slammed a newspaper down on the table and crossed his arms. My head was throbbing and Justin's voice wasn't helping anything. I sighed dramatically and slid the newspaper toward me.

"Trouble in paradise? Riley Hennings last few nights spent partying in London.. without Usher and Bieber?!"

"A Drunken Mess; Justin Bieber's rumored girlfriend seen stumbling out of a London night club with her assumed to be friend."

I groaned softly and laid my head down on the table. Okay, so maybe these last four days in London haven't exactly been good. They were good to me, but apparently not to TMZ. Ugh.

"Riley I don't know what's been going on with you these past few days, but you gotta stay out of the spotlight. I didn't even know about this until Usher called me flipping shit about it." That last part seemed to somewhat wake me up.

"What did he say?" I asked desperately. Justin sat down across from me.

"Not much, but he's beating himself up about everything. He wanted me to keep you safe and out of the tabloids and so far you and Summer aren't really helping. Not to mention you guys are blowing off school back in California." School was the least of my problems right now and I shouldn't even be worried about it.

"Don't worry my grades aren't gonna drop. In case you haven't noticed I'm a senior and I took all my important classes back in my junior year. I'm only gonna be missing just a little bit." I tried to smile, but for some reason my jaw hurt. I groaned in pain and Justin left and came back with a bottle of Tylenol and water.

"Riley, I'm not trying to be bossy or anything but I just want you to be safe. TMZ will do anything to make you look like a bad person and I don't wanna see that happen to you. Just... no more wild parties or anything, okay? I have a meeting right now so I gotta go. The limo driver should be picking you up in the next hour and a half to come to my acoustic session."

"But you just had one last night." He smiled and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"And I have another one. One that you will see tonight along with a special guest." He wiggled his eyebrows and kissed my cheek.

"Could you talk a little lower? You're making my head throb." I whispered.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." He disappeared into the bathroom for a second and came out with a bottle of Aspirin and a cup of water. "Here. Those are really strong so they should help you within the next hour. Only take one. Now I gotta go. Hurry up and get dressed and don't forget to get Summer up! And Riley, please stay out of trouble." His voice went soft at that last part and I slowly nodded my head.

"Good. See you in a few. Love you." He gave me a quick peck on the lips and ran out before I could even say anything back. I downed the water and took the Aspirin as I walked to Summer's suite.