Uncle Usher

Wow. Talk about your life changing. What I thought was just a normal and average day, turned into a day when I find out that Usher is my uncle. Holy shit, I don't know what to do with myself now.

For the past three hours, I've been talking to Usher. I realized that he really isn't a bad uncle. I thought that he would turn out to be one of those arrogant rich people, who practically let their teens run wild, but instead he's really nice, even though he said that he was gonna start writing down rules for when I live with him though. But hey, that could definitely be easily avoided. After all, I still have to get used to this. Me and Usher were sharing a ice cream sundae while we were talking to each other.

"How do you feel about moving into the house tonight? Since you live in Atlanta, we could probably arrange for you to move to Los Angeles with me and get all your stuff out the house for the next month, how does that sound? We'll catch a plane next week so for now, we'll just stay in my other house here."

"Los Angeles? As in California? That's pretty far. And I don't really have much to move out. I don't have anything." I put my head down, feeling slightly embarrassed. Usher gave me a sympathetic smile and patted my shoulder.

"I know. And don't worry, I'll get more stuff. For now, all you need is yourself." His phone started ringing as he excused himself. Ty and Rob walked over to me and smiled.

"So Riley, how are you feeling?" Ty's grin was evident on his face and I shrugged in response.

"I don't know Ty. I mean, I'm still trying to grasp the fact that my uncle is famous, and now he wants me to move to California in a month. I can't leave here." Ty rolled his eyes.

"Riley, please tell me what is here for you down in Georgia. You have nothing to worry about. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. There's a lovely thing called planes and Skype. Don't let me or anything else hold you back. This is your happiness." I sniffed, wiping my eyes. In a way he was right. But Ty is my best friend. My only friend at that. It's hard not keep a reputation with everyone knowing your mom is a druggie. We've been friends since I moved down here when I was thirteen, and despite the fact that he was gay, I found my life saver. I love him. There was nothing for me to come back to though. But what about Ian? What would he say if he was still here? Rob scoffed at him, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever Riley. I swear, if you leave, I will never talk to you again." Ty glared at him.

"Shut the hell up Rob! Stop being so damn selfish, it's her choice."

"Well maybe we should let her choose then." They both looked at me expectantly, leaving me in the hot seat. What did I want? I looked from Rob, then to Ty. But when I looked at Usher through the window, the answer was clear.

"I'm sorry Rob." I managed it in a whisper, and he sighed in frustration.

"Unbelievable." He stormed out of the shop, leaving me puzzled and upset. Ty waved him off.

"Oh, please. He'll get over it. He's just upset that you're leaving." Ty placed his hand on top of mine, kissing my forehead. "Relax and just breath for a moment." He walked towards the back leaving me alone. Relax? I forgot how to do that.

"You must be Riley." I looked up for a moment, looking at him. Justin is even cuter in person. He still had his glasses on, and I narrowed my eyes.

"Only two types of people wear sunglasses indoors. Blind people or assholes." He looked taken aback for a minute. He slowly took his glasses off, sitting across from me.

"Well, I could see you're a straight forward girl." I gave him a small smile. "You're very beautiful too. I felt the urge to roll my eyes, but quickly held it in.