A Truce

Christmas is all about the time of giving, and being thankful for everything that you have, kind of like Thanksgiving. Back in Atlanta, Christmas was always my favorite holiday, even if I couldn't afford it. Probably because I loved winter. When we find out our school is closed due to snow, sitting in front of the tree, as you shake each present and try to guess what's in there. When the lame Christmas songs and commercials come on the radios and TV's. But nothing compares to Christmas morning. I mean, I'm spending it with my family and friends. What could be better?

It was two in the afternoon, and Usher and the chef were arguing in the kitchen, causing me to laugh every time I heard a pan fall. He could be so difficult sometimes. Me, Summer, Jason, Matty, and Eric all sat in my room, talking about anything and everything. Jason surprisingly looked happy. He told his mom that he didn't want a Christmas this year, and instead, he got her a gift. His dad shipped him money, and the second he opened the envelope, he gave it to his mom.

  "Guys, I didn't know California would be so.. warm on Christmas. I'm kind of shocked that it's winter, and people are still wearing shorts and going to the beach. What the hell is going on?" They all laughed and I shook my head. It was just ridiculous.

  "Relax Riley. I was looking on my GPS, and I heard that there was an indoor ice skating rink an hour from here. After dinner, we could all drive down there and go ice skating." Matty was the adorable genius in our group. Like I said, we got really close this past month, and it's safe to say that he is now another one of my closest friends.

  "Ugh, thank god Matty! You saved me from turning into the Grinch this Christmas. It's so different this year. Did you know that Usher woke me up at five in the fucking morning to open gifts? Mind you, I didn't go to bed until one last night."

  "What did he get you?"

  "Stuff." Liam glared at me, and I started laughing.

  "Just kidding. Just some jewelry and stuff, nothing too major."

  "You're lying. Cause when you opened the door this morning, you looked like you were gonna cry in tears of joy. Now tell us." Jeesh, Summer was so demanding.

  "Fine. Well you guys know how I really like bands and stuff right?"

  "Yes."

  "So, this morning when I opened up one of the presents, it was fucking tickets to go to Warped Tour in the summer!" Yes, I have just a little obsession over bands. Okay, maybe a lot. My walls right now are a dead giveaway. Nobody in my group really listens to rock music besides me and Matty. So I do have plans to take Matty with me. I couldn't just go alone.

  "Wow. That's a shocker?"

  "What is?"

 "The fact that he's actually gonna let you go. You can go, but just don't come home with your head bashed in." Summer was like a guardian to me in so many ways. I rolled my eyes and picked out an outfit to wear.

  "Riley, honestly I would wear something that shows your legs. You never really show your legs." I said nothing, and instead glanced at Jason, who turned pale and Matty, who was too caught up in a conversation with Liam to say anything. Yeah, I still never told Summer about what happened. And I don't plan to. The scars faded, except for about two. For some odd reason, they still seem to be a a little purple. But I wouldn't wear it anyways, since you could still see the scars that were once there.

  "Ehh. I have this dress and it's red and white. It's basically a Santa Claus suit, but more..girly? And I have some sheer stockings with little black candy canes on them. Now if you'll excuse me, I will be in the shower." I grabbed my outfit and closed and locked my bathroom. On the outside, I was fine, but on the inside, I was nervous. I only see Justin on TV now. Which by the way, I'm still a little surprised he's coming because I heard he was on a little winter tour. Maybe he was just taking a break for a day. I turned on the shower, and hopped in. I'm scared to see him. I mean, I don't know if my feelings are still there, or they disappeared along with all the other memories of him. But I can admit, I was really falling for him. But then I realized what a jerk he is. He leads me on, and then he blames me for all the mess. Maybe he does that with other girls. He's a fucking international singer for Christ's sakes!