Chapter two

India's pov

This past week I felt like I am being watched. But when I look behind myself there was nothing but pure air. I had put my big tip in my savings acount for college. I was planning on going but who knows maybe I could be in the olympics.
I smiled at my own dreams as I walked the neighborhood. I hated being inside. Especially when it was such a nice night. The air cool and crisp. It always made me have time to think. Sometimes I believed my thoughts were way to crowded at home and when I came outside it was my time to let them roam free and expand.

As I kicked at the same rock for thirty seconds, I continued my walk down memory lane. My mind wandering to my childhood. Something I rarely thought about. I frowned upon my childhood to the point where I thought growing  older and busying myself with things would make me forget it. But like my heart, my childhood was a part of me.

Tears prickled my eyes as I remembered the nights my dad use to come home. Drunker than anything. And my mom would fall at his feet simply because she loved him. I vowed to myself I would never find love because it makes you do crazy things, see what you wanna see and hear what you wanna hear. Love makes you blind and I India Westbrook didn't have time to be blind or hurt.

(Flashback)

"Where's my blasted drink Norah" my dad yelled as he slammed his fists on the table causing my mom to jump in surprise. "Curtis you finished all your wine last night honey" she said weakly but shakily as she darted her eyes to me and the stairs that led to my room. My hiding place.

I quickly but quietly backed away from my dad only for him to grab my wrists. "She is becoming very pretty" he whispered as he groped me. My moms eyes filled it's sadness. "You shouldn't touch your daughter like that" my mom managed to say as he fingered the bottom of my school uniform skirt. He ignored her and ran a hand through my curly hair.

That day my own father raped me. And he threatened that if my mother did anything he would kill her. She still tried to help but I told her that it would be okay. I told her that I'd rather lose my innocence than lose her.

I sighed as I drew my knees to my chest sitting on a nearby bench. I heard a rustle behind me so I jumped up. "Whose there" I said.

Out came a man dressed in all black with a ski mask. "Um I don't mean by trouble" I said stepping away but he only came closer. Next thing I know everything went black as he placed a cloth on my face.

___________________________________

I groaned my head hurting as if someone was trying to pick out my brain. My eyes adjusted to the bright light of a room. Not my room, someone else's. I tried to move my wrist but they were tied up to the bedpost.

I began to cry. "I'm not going to hurt you" a smooth raspy voice said. I looked to see the boy from ihop. The interesting one. He scared me especially since now I knew he was capable to kidnap me. He came closer and I scooted up closer to the headboard.

"Bring me back to my momma" I spat. He chuckled. "Your momma is fine trust me" he said.
I narrowed my eyes at him. "Unite me" I demanded. He leaned closer to me and I turned my cheek so I didnt have to stare in those captivating eyes.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. "I don't want your food nor your companionship. You sick bastard let me go".

"I SAID I WASNT GOING TO HURT YOU!" He yelled angrily. I gasped. How could someone be so blind to see that kidnapping someone is hurting them.

"Why can't you just listen. I won't hurt you. I say that over and over again. Why can't you just be fine. I don't wanna hurt you like the others" he whispered. Others?