Chapter 20. Now you see me...

Jesse's POV.

I realised I was holding my breath only when I started to choke. We were all frozen in shock and confusion, staring at two uncontious people on the ground. Daizy was painfully pale, her mirror laying on the ground next to her and her scarlet blood covering the dirt around. She still looked like a child, like a kid, like an innocent flower, too precious and too fraile to survive in this world.

- We gotta help her! - Radar rushed towards the girl before anybody could stop him.
- Don't. - Xara growled, her eyes shooting daggers at the intern. - Leave her be.
- What?! - I couldn't believe my ears. - But she's gonna die if we don't do something right now!
- She deserves this! - The furious woman snapped at me. - If it was for her, Romeo would be in Limbo, and we wouldn't have to deal with this!

She pointed at the other person, who was uncontious as well. Radar hissed something irrecognisable and I instantly saw Lukas tearing a sleeve of his jacket away.
- Don't you do... - Xara shouted at my friend, almost grabbing the cloth away from him, when suddenly Jack and Petra both roughly yanked her back. - Hey! Let go of me!
- Do what you have to. - The red-headed warrior smiled at me, holding the angry woman in one place. - She won't be a problem.

I nodded thankfully and knelt down to the girl, Lukas and Radar already wrapping the sleeve a little bit above her arm to stop the bleeding.
- It doesn't work! - The younger boy screamed in true terror, as more and more blood leaked out of the wound. - Jesse! What... What do we do?!
Oh, no. Oh, all the powers in all the dimentions, please don't let this innocent soul die!

I carefully lifted Daizy up from the second person, whoever it was, and placed her on the grass nearby. My shirt turned red because of the blood, but I didn't actually care.
- Give me the mirror. - I commanded, sounding calm, even though i felt nothing but pure desperation. - Now!
With his hands shaking, Lukas handed me the magical object, and, not having any freaking idea about the actual hell I was doing, I pressed it to the wound. If the girl is truly connected with this mirror, it would help, wouldn't it?

- We are just wasting time! - Xara scoffed but stopped struggling, allowing Petra and Jack hold her in place.
Come on!
- Come on, come on... - I murmured, pressing the mirror closer. - You won't let your mistress die, will you?
For a few incredibly long seconds(or were they minutes?) nothing happened. And then, then, when all the hope was gone, the mirror shone brighter than the sun itself. Daizy gasped, her eyes snapped open and started glowing.

Yes!

- Here, girl, here. - I breathed out in relief, grabbing her other hand and putting it on top of the mirror. - That's great, just heal yourself.
Radar was breathing heavily, watching at the girl in mix of shock and sadness and happinness. Lukas exhaled and wiped the sweat off his forehead, accidently covering it in blood.
- Let go. - Xara rolled her eyes. - We have something else to worry about, remember?
Right. I looked at the newcomer, who was still not moving apart from quick breathing.

- I'm not sure you're safe to let go. - Jack growled. The purple-headed woman groaned in irritation.
- I won't do anything to this traitor! - She pointed at Daizy, who was still slowly healing and who couldn't hear, see, or feel anything.
- She's not a traitor! - Petra hissed, uncovered fury in her voice. - She told you there was somebody else inside the Symbol, but you didn't listen!
- So what?! - Xara snapped at her. - If it wasn't for her, we would win already!

I rolled my eyes and knelt down to the stranger. It was a male, five or six years older than me. He wore a gray hoodie and dark blue jeans, but was berefoot just like me. He had long red hair - not like Admin's, colour of blood, no, his hair was red as a petal of a fresh rose - and a goatee that reached to his chest. To be honest, the man looked incredibly messy, his clothes torn and his hair(and goatee) practicly impossible to brush.