-Chapter 4-

Drama. I'm sorry. But it's what every good story has. Right?

-

Jacks Pov

I woke up to my alarm. I was tired and didn't want to go to school, but I remembered i'd see Millie. Did she think of last night as a date? Probably. I hope so. Are we dating? Should i ask her to be my girlfriend? Or did last night make us a couple? I'll just let it play out as it goes. I walked to school and saw Finn and Millie under a tree as usual. Finn looked at me and looked away. Millie turned around and smiled at me. The homeroom bell rang and we all went to class. The second bell rang and i have english with Finn. "Hey." I said to him. "Hi." "Finn are you ok?" He looked at me. "Don't be stupid ok. You know that Millie's my best friend so your trying to make me jealous. But your little plan here isn't working." He said and walked away and sat down. I don't have a plan, but he's definitely jealous.

The break bell rang and Finn quickly got up and walked out of the room. I went to find Millie. "Hey Mills." i said. "That's what i call her." Finn mumbled. Millie looked at me and rolled her eyes, smiling. I sat next to Millie and Finn was across from her. Sadie came and sat next to Finn.

The bell rang and i have science with Millie. We got to class and sat at our table. "Finn didn't seem happy." She said. "He's jealous." I said. "Of what?" She asked. "Us." I replied. "Oh," She said looking down. "It's not like we're dating." she was fiddling with her hands. "Are we?" She looked at me and our eyes met. The teacher walked in and started teaching.

The bell rang and i don't have anymore classes with Millie. After school I found her under Finn and her's tree, but Finn wasn't there. "Where's Finn?" I asked. "He never came." Millie said. I sat next to her. "I saw him though. He saw me but kept walking." She looked down and picked the grass. We just sat there in silence a few moments. "I feel bad." Millie said looking at me, her eyes watering. I opened my mouth to talk but she started talking. "Finn and i have been best friends since before we can remember, and now we talk less and less every day." She said. "Well now i feel like i'm the reason you and Finn aren't really friends." I said defensively. "You kinda are." Millie said right away. Harsh. She closed her eyes and kept them closed. "Finn can be jealous if he wants, it's his decision." She said. "But i should go." She stood up and so did I. She hugged me and walked away.

Finn's Pov

Does Jack know he's dating my best friend? It all happened out of nowhere. I knew they were friends and that was a little weird. But now they've gone on a date. When i got home i did homework and was very happy that tomorrow is saturday. I stayed up late watching movies and then fell asleep. I woke up at noon and had a text from Sadie.

Sadie: Wanna come see a movie with Millie and I?

Yes but millie will be there. At least jack won't and they won't be all romantic.

Finn: sure

Sadie: ok its at 12:30 so come soon

I got ready and skated to the movie theatre.

"Hey!" Sadie greeted me. Millie smiled at me. We sat down and I really didn't mean to but i ended up in between Millie and Sadie. Sadie get up to get popcorn and stuff so it was just me and Millie. It was silent for a while but then she broke the silence. "Finn I still wanna be your friend." For some reason this made me mad. Without thinking i shot back "Then act like it." She opened her mouth then closed it. I felt bad but did i say anything? No. Me and my stupid brain kept talking. "Obviously you don't want to be my friend. So many years i wasted with you so you could split us up with my other best friend." I saw tears well up in her eyes. But did i stop there? Nope. I wish i did. I couldn't stop myself and i don't know why. "You know what Millie? Our friendship is trash. I'm throwing it away like like spoiled food." Why the crap did i say that? Spoiled food? Come on Finn. "Well i was done with you the minute me and Jack became friends." She said trying to sound like she wasn't crying, but she was. I felt bad. I felt really bad. I wanted to hug her but i couldn't. Sadie came back and Millie wiped away her tears. I couldn't enjoy the movie. I could only think of how bad I felt.

As soon as the movie was over Millie got up and rushed out. "What's up with her?" Sadie asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I wish i was in the position where we could meet at the creek and comfort each other. But this time, i'm the one who made her need to be comforted.

Sadie and i walked out of the theatre. "Sadie?" I asked. "Yeah?" She said. "Wanna go out with me?" oh lordie what did i just do. "Oh uh sure!" Sadie said. She wasn't expecting me to ask that and the funny thing is, neither was i. Man. What is going on with me? Wait, do i like Millie?

Millies Pov

I ran home. I didn't text my mom to get me, I didn't want to have to wait with Finn and Sadie. I got inside and slammed the door and started sobbing. Normally i'm not this dramatic, but i've just lost my best friend and I didn't mean the things i just said. "Millie what's wrong?" My mom asked. "Finn- I feel bad." I couldn't talk. "Jack and Finn and are friends and i'm dating Jack-" I only started crying more. "Oh I see. Finn's jealous?" My mom asked. I nodded my head. "You'll get through it. You two always do." She said. "No. We won't this time. Finn said things. Mean things." I yelled. "He's just-" I cut her off. "No mom. You don't understand. This can't be fixed." I stormed upstairs and opened my door. "And don't try to text his mom to try to resolve our fight." I yelled before slamming my door. I layed on my bed and fell asleep.

I woke up at about 9 P.M. Man that was a long nap. I trudged downstairs and my mom was working on stuff at her desk. "Oh hey Mills." She asked walking to the kitchen. "Fine." I said. "Are you hungry?" She asked opening the fridge. "Yeah." I got food and went back upstairs. I got a text from Sadie.

Sadie: I don't know what happened today but Finn asked me out

Millie: Tell me you said no

Sadie: he's picking me up tomorrow at 5:30

I turned off my phone. My best friend. Finn's going out with her? He can't do this. And why would Sadie do this to me? Tomorrow is Monday and I don't think i can stand another day around Finn. I can't even think about him. And Sadie just betrayed me? I didn't want to think about this anymore so i layed down and fell asleep.

I woke up to my alarm screaming at me. I got up and got dressed. Another boring old day. I went downstairs and ate and left. Finn and I walked out of our houses at the same time and we awkwardly walked to school, but we didn't say anything. We got to school and he went and found Sadie. I stood alone until Jack came. All day at school Finn was being super clingy to

Finn kept looking at me. That's when i realized Finn's trying to make me jealous by going out with my best friend like i did to him. How could I be so stupid? I'm the one who ruined our friendship. 

-

It's getting intense and this is only chapter 4! You just wait  :p