-Chapter 3-

hmmmmm. Maybe you saw this one coming?

-

Millies Pov

Before school I had waited for Finn on the sidewalk in front of his house but he never came so i started walking without him. I got to school and Jack walked up to me. "Hey!" He said. "Hi!" i replied. "Where's Finn?" He asked. "Um, i don't know actually." I answered. He laughed. "That's weird. You're always with each other." He said smiling. We kept talking until the bell rang, and we never saw Finn. I hope he's ok because the man was at his house last night. We sat down and the a confused looking Finn came in. He sat down. "Why do you look confused?" I asked him. "Oh, i'm not confused, why?" "You just look confused." I replied. At science Jack and I mostly talked about off topic things than our project. We plan on hanging out after school to work on it. At break Jack was sitting next to me, where Finn usually sits. Sadie was across from me and some of Finn and my's friends were also there at the table (we all usually hang out, but Finn's usually next to me). Finn came to break late. "Sorry i had to-" He started but stopped and looked at Jack then me. "To what?" I asked. "To, to- i'm sorry i forgot what i was saying." He said, kinda smiling and sat down across from me, next to Sadie, my closest friend other than Finn. "You ok bro?" Jack asked. Finn nodded. At math we were given time to work on homework, and Jack and i worked together. "What was wrong with Finn?" He asked. "I really don't know. It was weird." I replied. After school Finn and I walked home. "Why were you acting weird?" I asked, "I wasn't acting weird. Why do you keep saying this?" He said defensively. "Cause you just seemed kinda sad today." I said. "Wanna hang out?" He said changing the subject. "Sorry i can't. Jack and I are working on our project." Finn looked down and didn't say anything the rest of the walk. When we got to our houses he just walked to his house. Normally he says bye.

It took Jack about 10 minutes to get to my house. We actually got a lot done, but also got sidetracked much. Jack stayed for dinner then left. "Well he was nice." My mom said smiling. "Mhm." I replied. Then she quickly added, "And cute." i looked at her and she smiled and she went back to what she was doing.

Finns Pov

I saw Jack's car drive away and i texted Millie.

Finn: did you finish your project

Millie: no

Of course they didn't.

Millie: but we got a lot done

Finn: what'd you have for dinner

Millie: why?? We had spaghetti

They had spaghetti? That's mine. That's only for when i go over. To be honest, i guess i just don't like Jack and Millie hanging out. You can't blame me. My two best friends are getting closer than Millie and I ever have been. Maybe that's exaggerating but still.

-a month later, Finn and Millie have stopped hanging out as often and Millie and Jack have gotten closer-

I woke up and got ready. It's monday and i've gotten used to walking to school on my own more often. Everyday i get to school and her and Jack are laughing and talking. Did Millie and I ever have that much fun? Well, ya. But that's my best friend and my other best friend, without me. I the bell rang and i got to homeroom. When i walked in, Millie and Jack were talking, she saw me and smiled, then went back to talking. What were they even talking about? At break i asked Millie to come to the library with me, just so I could spend time with her. Don't jump to conclusions. I don't like her in a 'oh i wanna date her' way. I just don't wanna loose my best friend.

Millies Pov

Finn asked me to go to the library with him. He's a big boy. He can go on his own. But i feel bad like he thinks i've been avoiding him. Jack and I are friends, but Finn and I are best friends. He has nothing to worry about. We finished at the library and sat under a tree and hung out the rest of break. I got through the rest of the day and me and Finn walked home. On our way Jack called me. I answered. "Hey" I answered. "Hey Millie. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out. At a restaurant. A nice one, but not too expensive. For dinner." I laughed. "Why are you laughing?" He asked worried. "Who are you talking to?" Finn asked. "Of course i will." I said. "Who are you talking to?" Finn asked again. "Jack." I said to Finn. "I'll pick you up at 7 tonight then." Jack said. "Ok. See you." I hung up. "Sooo what's happening?" Finn asked, looking at me. "Oh Jack and i are hanging out." I replied. We got home and i did some of my homework and got ready and went downstairs.

"Oh where are you going?" My mom asked. "Out." I said. "Where? With who?" She said smiling.  "I don't know where, but with Jack." I said. "Oh like a date." She said smiling and walking over to me. She put her hands on my shoulders. "My little Mills is growing up." She said hugging me. "It's not a date." I said pushing her away. "That what they all say. She said walking away. The doorbell rang and i opened it. "Hey." Jack said. "Be home by 10." My mom yelled from the kitchen. "Ok." I yelled back. Jack grabbed my hand and pulled me to the car. His older brother (I know jack has no brothers) was driving.

We got to the restaurant. It was a sushi place. "I love sushi!" I said. "I know." Jack said smiling at me. We walked in and a waiter took us to a table. After we ate it was 8:30 so we walked around and got to the forest. We sat down by a lake. I was looking at the water and i could see Jack looking at me out of the corner of my eye and i smiled and looked at him. "You're looking at me." I said smiling. "I know." Jack said smiling. Then he looked at the lake. "You're almost as beautiful as the lake." He said, jokingly. I playfully punched his arm. "Take that back." I said smiling. "Never!" He said standing up. He picked me up and made a motion like he was going to throw me into the lake. "No no no no no!" I said laughing and he put me down. We were both standing and staring at each other and without even realizing it we were leaning in. He lightly kissed my lips and smiled when he pulled away. It's like his smile is contagious because i couldn't help but smile when i saw him smile. He grabbed my hand and we walked back to the restaurant and waited for his brother. We were still holding hand sitting on a bench.

"You're prettier than the lake by the way." He said. I laughed. "I know." I said and smiled. His brother got us and we got to my house. Jack walked me to the door. "Thank you for a great night." I said. "Anytime." He said smiling. He kissed me on the cheek before running back to the car. I opened the door and walked inside. My mom was asleep on the couch so I quietly closed the door and crept upstairs. I changed and got in bed and fell asleep.

-

Hush. I don't wanna hear any complaints like "Why jack and millie." I have plans. Don't worry.