tyler [bb20]

"everyone, please head out to the backyard for the HOH competition," julie's voice rings throughout the house. ugh, of course the hottest day of the summer is when the HOH competition is... just great.

if you couldn't tell already, i am not a fan of the heat. see what i did there? yea i know i'm not that funny, but seriously heat and me are two things that do not like to mix.

"do i have tooooo?" i groan, flopping over in my bed. "yes, come on get up or you're gonna miss all the good stuff," kaycee grabs the hem of my blanket and throws it off my body and takes my wrists and starts to pull me up. "i mean i guess you'll just have to miss seeing tyler too...," she slyly whispers just low enough so that only us two can hear.

so i know that i haven't been in the house very long but kaycee is probably one of my closest friends in the house and i feel like i can tell her anything- and uh she knows about my feelings for tyler, i'm not even going to try and deny it.

at her comment i practically jump out of the comfy bed that i was once in, "see, i knew that that would get you up," i give her probably the sassiest eye roll that has ever been seen on the face of the planet, "come on, let's get changed for the comp," she throws me a bundle of clothing and we all get ready for the competition.

(side note i know that this isn't going to be the actual first hoh competition of the season but let's just go with it)

i walk out into the backyard and notice that there is a huge turf with slots at the end of it numbered from 1-21. the goal of the game is to roll your ball down a bendy blue lane and as the length of the lane increased, so did the points. the person with the most points wins.

"i do not like the looks of this," i mutter underneath my breath. okay, first of all i have literally the worst aim ever. "hey, come on i bet you'll do great," kaycee reassures me. "thanks," i say giving her a genuine smile but knowing that this is coming from a pro football player doesn't make me feel much better about myself.

after a few minutes, everyone is standing at a lane, thankfully for me to my left is kaycee and to my right is tyler- talk about good luck?

i look over at kaycee right before the competition starts and she gives me a small wink. "oh shut up," i whisper yell (yes it's a thing) at her. "i didn't even say anything," she retorts back innocently. "mhmmm," that's the last thing I say before julie announced that the competition has begun.

a few minutes pass by and i'm still shooting with the yellow ball. i can't seem to get a hang of this. seriously, there's a lot to think about, the curvature of the ball, the flick of the wrist, tons of stuff.

i can't help but notice that other people have already taken their shot with the red ball and locked in there scores, both of the people next to me have.

i look at kaycee's board and she's scored a 19, while tyler scored a 17- both really good numbers.

i take a deep breath, focus, and then take another shot with the yellow ball. it rolls down the path and just when it's getting to the first turn it falls off the side and lands on a 5.

"ugh," i groan, "i'm never gonna get this," i say very enthusiastically (note the sarcasm). tyler, noticing such enthusiasm of mine comes over and attempts to show me how to flick my wrist correctly to get the ball down the lane into the highest number possible.

he wraps his hands around my smaller one and slowly moves my wrist up and down to try to reproduce the movements. "why're you helping me when i could potentially put you up on the block?" i question him curiously.

"well, first of all i don't think i need to worry about you becoming hoh this week," a smirk evident on his face. "hey!" i retort back and playfully slap his arm. "also," he leans in, "i may or may not find you very attractive and i don't mind having an excuse to talk with you," he says the last part quietly.

"wait, seriously?" my face had gone beet red, "yea," he responds casually and a huge grin evident on his face. "well, ya'know you're not too bad yourself," i say sheepishly.

he just grins, "now why don't you try taking a shot with the red ball," after a bunch of practice shots, i exchange my yellow ball for a red one.

okay, y/n, you only have one shot to make this- make it count. i line up my ball in the middle of the lane, flick my wrist just as tyler had instructed me, and let the ball go.

i close my eyes for a millisecond, because even though i've had a little bit of practice, it hardly stands up to the (insert your age) years that i haven't been practicing for this.

i open my eyes back up and look at where my ball had gone, i start at the low numbers and make my way up.

0, well at least i know that my ball actually made it to a decent point. 5, 10, hey i actually might have been half decent at this. 15, okay some shiz is up i don't know what prank they're trying to pull on me.

i keep on looking down the lane and i don't see my ball anywhere, i'm confused. but then i remember that if you hit the box at the end that's an automatic 21.

pshh i don't know why i'm thinking of that because it obviously won't happen. but just for the joke of it i look. holy shit. i actually scored a 21.

"oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," i start saying very fast. a huge smile across my face.

i look over at kaycee and she gives me a thumbs up and a smile. i honestly love that girl to death. and then i look over at tyler.

"did i seriously just win," i question myself in belief. "yes, y/n, you did," tyler finishes my question with a smirk on his face. i can't help myself much longer i jump up into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist.

"thank you thank you thank you," i tell him, "yup, anything for you," all i can do is literally jump for joy at this point. he sets me down and i run over to where the hoh key is.

"congratulations y/n, you are the first hoh of the summer!" julie informs everyone.

going back into the house i get a series of 'nice' 'good job' and a few high fives, but at the end of the day the one thing that really stood out to me is that hug that i got from tyler

word count: 1224

authors note: hey so long time no see! hope y'all enjoy my first bb20 fic, keep on leaving requests and i appreciate all the support that you all give me

also, leave in the comments who's your favorite bb20 houseguest- id love to know!