Part Fourteen

Part Fourteen

Niall’s POV (GOES BACK A BIT)

“No news is good news right?” I said, trying to lift people’s spirits a bit.

All of us were too worried about Lia to even bother to eat the breakfast Harry and I had just fetched for us all. Even me, and I eat the most out of us all.

“It means she hasn’t changed… meaning she hasn’t woken up; that’s not good news,” Zayn snapped.

There was a moment’s silence, as I watched Zayn, before I saw a ghost of a smile flitter across his drained face before it dropped.

“Sorry Niall,” he sighed.

“It’s okay mate, don’t worry about it,” I sent him a quick smile. He had a lot to deal with, more than us. I couldn’t imagine what he was going through now, if I was feeling this bad and I’d only know her for a couple weeks, and met her three times at most.

“Niall’s right though, no news is good news, it means she hasn’t gotten worse,” Eleanor agreed with me. Just as the sentence was out of her mouth the doctor walked in.

“What’s happened? Is she okay? Is she awake? She’s not got worse has she?” Zayn didn’t wait for the doctor to answer a question before he fired the next one at him.

“Zayn, let the man speak,” Harry said, a small smile playing on his lips.

“Sorry,” Zayn murmured.

“It’s good news,” the doctor smiled and we all heaved a sigh of relief, “She woke up about twenty minutes ago; she said her head was hurting her, understandably, but I gave her some morphine to take away the pain, but it’ll make her a little sleepy.”

“Can we see her?” Louis asked, standing up beside Zayn.

“Well…” the doctor muttered and I tensed.

Please say she’s okay.

“What?” Harry asked, standing up too.

Does she remember us? Zayn said something about short term memory loss… I hadn’t known her that long.

“She does remember us right?” I asked in a panicked voice, as I stood up as well. 

“Yes, she does… but… she doesn’t want to see anyone…” the doctor sighed; I could see he was finding it hard to tell us.

I’m not going to lie, that one sentence crushed me. I couldn’t believe it.

“What? Why?” Zayn frowned.

“You see; when she had her operation, they had to shave her head, it has a bandage on it now… but she doesn’t want anyone seeing her, because she’s bald,” he explained.