Part Ten

Part Ten

Zayn’s POV

I was shown to a waiting room, and I told them to send the boys in here too. I couldn’t sit down, so instead I paced the room, back and forth, back and forth.

“Zayn,” the boys burst in the room, on my tenth lap of the room.

“What’s happening?” Louis fired the first question at me.

“Is she going to be okay?” Harry asked, not pausing for me to answer Louis’ question.

“Where is she?” Liam asked next, again with no pause in between.

“Can we see her?” Niall asked. He caught my attention the most. He was sickly pale, his cheeks damp, his eyes twinkling with unshed tears- which I’m pretty sure will start to fall any minute now. He was no longer the happy-go-lucky boy, with the happy twinkle in his bright eyes, and the permanent smile plastered across his face, his loud laugh no longer rang in our ears, but a distant memory.

“Guys,” I pleaded them to stop asking questions.

“Sorry mate,” Niall ran a hand through his already tangled hair.

“J-Just… sit down… and I’ll answer the questions,” I whispered and they quickly complied with my request.

“I-It’s not good…” I started and I could see they all visibly paled, their eyes darkening, tears brimming, and in Niall’s case, beginning to cascade down his face.

“S-She hit her head… pretty hard… they said that she has a… bleed in the brain…” My voice was barely a whisper, but I could tell by the sharp intake of breaths that they had heard me, “She’s had to go in for an… operation…”

“On her brain?” Niall gasped.

If it were not for this situation, we would have all laughed at him and said something sarcastic… if Lia was here she’d have laughed and then scolded us for being mean to her ‘Nialler’ and then explained why we were laughing to the confused Irish.

I could tell by the looks on the Liam, Louis and Harry’s faces that they were thinking the same as me.

“Yes Niall, on her brain…” I nodded, tears flowing slowly down my cheeks.

“B-But… isn’t that… dangerous?” Harry whispered, tears now falling down his face too.

“Y-Yeah… but they said she had a ‘good chance’ of… survival,” I choked the last word out as a lump rose in my throat, “They say she may have some… short term memory loss…”

“That could be good,” Niall spoke up and we all looked at him, in a mix of anger and shock. How would that be good?

“How would that be good?” Harry voiced my thoughts.