Part Eleven

Part Eleven

“Mr Malik?” The doctor walked into the room three hours later. Eleanor and Danielle were sitting on either side of me. I’m glad they were here, I don’t know if I’d be able to cope on my own. I’d go mad.

“Yes,” I stood up. I was immediately worried as I saw the doctor looking quite pale.

“The operation was a success; but your girlfriend isn’t out of the woods yet. We’ve given her morphine, so she can sleep painlessly, but that means she won’t wake up until at least tomorrow. I suggest you go home and get a good night’s rest,” he said.

“I’m not leaving her,” I shook my head.

“There’s really nothing you can do for her now,” the doctor said, “You’d be best to go home-"

“I’m not leaving her. I want to be here when she wakes up,” I repeated.

“I’m sure we can sort some… sleeping arrangements out for you,” he sighed.

“Thank you,” I nodded; he nodded back and exited the room.

“You hear that Zayn, she’s going to be fine,” Eleanor took my hand and hugged me.

“I know,” I smiled in relief.

“Do you want me to let the boys know?” Danielle asked, after giving me a quick hug.

“Please,” I smiled and she nodded, leaving the room.

“Would you like me to go to your hotel room and get some of your things?” Eleanor asked me.

“I don’t want to be a bother,” I shook my head.

“Don’t be silly, I’ll grab some of the other boys things, and the seven of us can camp in here, it’ll be fun,” she smiled.

“Thank you so much El. You didn’t have to do any of this, you don’t even know Lia, yet you’re here as if she’s your friend too,” I smiled gratefully at her.

“Zayn, she’s your best friend, and the other lads see her as their sister; if she’s good enough for you, she’s good enough for me. You need me right now, and I’ll be here for you, all of you,” she hugged me.

“Louis is lucky to have you,” I smiled and she blushed lightly, at the mention on her boyfriend.

“I’ll go and get those things,” she smiled, “I’ll let Danielle know as well.”

“Thank you,” I called after her as she left the room.

I sighed and sat down on the chair, placing my head in my hands.

She’s going to be fine. I smiled to myself as I thought that. Everything is going to be alright.