Part Seven

Part Seven

Lia’s POV

I was watching ‘The Smurfs’ movie on the television, and Dylan was still not back, when my phone rang.

I fished my phone out my pocket and saw that it was Niall that was calling me. I frowned, if Zayn had gotten him to ring me…

“Niall, if Zayn has asked you to ring me-“ I started, but Niall cut me off.

“Zayn doesn’t even know I’m calling you,” Niall said and I shut my mouth, letting Niall continue, “Look, I need your help. We’re in the middle of a concert, we were singing ‘More Than This’… I take it you know the song?”

“Yes,” I nodded; it was one of my favourites.

“Well, we were singing it, and Zayn sort of froze and I think he might have had a panic attack or something, but then he ran off the stage and I can’t get him to come back on, please, you have to talk to him- you’re the only one he’ll listen to right now,” Niall pleaded me.

I was silent for a second, having a mental debate in my head.

“Pass him the phone,” I said in an emotionless voice.

“Thank you,” Niall sighed.

“Zayn, someone wants to talk to you,” Niall said.

“Well, I don’t want to talk to them,” Zayn refused in the background.

“I don’t think you will when you see who it is,” Niall sang.

“What?” Zayn said.

“Just take the damn phone,” Niall laughed.

“Hello?” Zayn said warily into the phone.

“Zayn,” I said quietly.

“Lia,” Zayn gasped.

“Niall told me what happened; he also said I’m the only one you’d listen to. I’m not sure why I’m so special, but you’re my friend so, do me, your band mates, and all your fans proud and get back on that stage and finish the concert,” I smiled.

“Okay Lia,” Zayn’s voice sounded happy.

“I don’t know why it happened or what was going on in your head at the time Zayn, but just forget about it, or them, and go smash this concert,” I smiled widely; just hearing his voice made everything better.

“Will do Lia,” Zayn sounded confident.

“Go do me proud,” I grinned.

“Promise,” Zayn said.

“Bye Zayn, love you,” I said.