New Leader

A/N: You all know that Mikael is a live. Basically Davina let him go free, he burned the city just like he did 100 years ago. He burned the bayou, which Hayley was in and Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Hope fled. It is now 16 years later and Klaus wants to rule again.

Klaus entered the French Quarter to see it restored to its former glory. He had killed Mikael and wanted his city back. He remembered all the pain and heartbreak this city bestowed upon him. He even lost Hayley before he got the chance to tell her how he really feels. Rebekah put a hand on his shoulder and gave him a sympathetic smile. The worst part was that he watched Hayley burn in the vervain and wolfsbane infested fire. A tragedy it was.

Klaus looked at his daughter and kissed her on the cheeks. "Take her to the plantation, Elijah" Elijah nodded and took a 16 year old Hope in his arms. Klaus and Rebekah walked further into town and came across a vampire. He was trembling in fear and his heart was beating fast. Klaus grabbed him by the collar and flashed his hybrid eyes to make him even more scared. "Mind telling me, mate, where I can find your leader/ ruler of the city?"

Klaus suspected that someone would take over after he left. It could've been, Cami, Francesca, Davina, or some other unknown. They all had the best chance at ruling. Klaus would simply kill them and not waste his time like he did with Marcel. "She's in the abattoir. I wouldn't go there if I were you. She kills all trespassers." That canceled out Cami. She was too kind for killing. Davina and Francesca however were a whole different story. Klaus smiled and snapped the young lads neck. "Really Nik", Rebekah said. Klaus simply shrugged and they went to speak with other factions to hear about this new leader.

They went to the old cemetery to speak with the witches. All of them looked like they were hiding. A young girl with short blonde hair came up to them. She looked pale and depressed. " You're the hybrid", she inquired. Klaus put his hands behind his back to appeal polite.

"Yes, love. I am. Now I'd like you to inform me about your new leader", he was compelling her. Her blue eyes expanded and she quickly replied.

" She hates and torments the witches for what they did years ago." Francesca was eliminated. She had no reason to hate the witches but Davina did. Davina hated them for the harvest ritual and trying to kill her. Of course she would be doing this to the witches. She was more resilient than Klaus could've ever anticipated.

The last place to go to was the bayou. Klaus didn't expect much from them because they never did anything to Davina. Klaus didn't have to ask or compel any of them because he could tell by the way they were living. The bayou looked luxurious and every wolf was acting happy and merry. Most of them even had moonlight rings. I guess Davina figured out how to make them so she would have reluctant allies.

Finally Klaus and Rebekah enter the abattoir. Klaus wanted his throne back mor than ever and was intent on killing who was ever in that throne. He stormed in and opened the doors. "Da-" Before he could finish saying Davina's name, he saw someone else. The girl gave him a devilish smirk.

"Klaus, Rebekah. Long time, no see." Klaus and Rebekah's jaw dropped at the person from their past.

"Hayley."