Stay and Dance with me

A/N: This is a drabble. I will do crack next chapter. This takes place when they get Hope back and they throw a party in her honor.

        Hayley watched her sixteen month  old stick out her tongue and yawn. She placed a kiss on her forehead and let her little angel sleep. As she left the room, Rebekah linked arms with her and started speaking all at once. "I have convinced Niklaus to allow us to throw a party in Hope's return and mine. So come on, we're getting ready." She dragged Hayley to the room while Hayley groaned. Rebekah started rummaging around for a dress. Hayley drifted off into her thoughts. She had not seen Klaus nor Elijah for a little bit over a year. She left after Hope left. The pain was far too much and immense. Hayley actually felt a bit nervous to see Elijah again. They didn't exactly leave things on a good note. She told him that they could never be together and that was the last he heard of her. It was the least expected end to their false love story.

        Rebekah grabbed a blue loose dress from the cluster off clothes. She held it up against Hayley and squinted her eyes. "Innocent yet sexy. You should wear it." Hayley took the dress and agreed. She was very fond and attached to the color blue. She slipped it on an allowed Rebekah to do her hair but she told her, no weird beauty queen style. "So, did you and Elijah ever hit it off?" Hayley sighed and Rebekah took that as a no. "He kept trying to change me and he did not understand that I was killing to get my daughter back." Rebekah brushed Hayley's hair and grabbed some bobby pins. "Pity, I thought you two were meant to be. Oh well, you'll find someone." Hayley worked up a smile and stood up when Rebekah was finished. She gave Rebekah a hug and this took the blonde original vampire by surprise. "It's nice to have yo back. Both of you." Rebekah returned the hug and led her out.

        Marcel did not mind watching Hope tonight at the party. I guess you could say Marcel was retired. He didn't want the parties, kingship, glory, and gore anymore. He was settling down, hoping to find someone special. Perhaps a blonde. Rebekah saw Marcel and a goofy smile crawled onto her face. "Marcellus", she acknowledged. "Rebekah." Hayley came down and all eyes were on her, except Elijah's. H e still never forgave her, and Hayley noticed. She put her hand on the railing an walked up to them. She frowned when she saw Elijah. "Elijah." He wouldn't even look at her. Only mumble her name. "Hayley." There was awkward tension in the room and it was practically gnawing away at everyone, until Klaus broke the silence. "Well we should get going." They went to the limo and headed out.

        Klaus immediately went on stage with nothing but a glass of champagne. He got everyone's attention an started his toast. "Today when my beautiful daughter returned to me, I recognized all of my sins and came to terms with them. I will only harm those who wish danger upon my family. But right now, there are no words to describe how grateful I am. My brother has regained his faith in me and my sister is here with me, happy. Brother, I would like to thank you for always being there, even in my darkest hour." Elijah smiled and Klaus went on. "Sister, I do apologize for all the pain and heartbreak I have caused you. Thank you for protecting my littlest wolf. I also wish nothing for you, but happiness and love. Perhaps from a vampire we all share a connection with." Rebekah chuckled and lightly blushed. She was starting to see why Elijah never gave up on him. His humanity was shining bright. Klaus' face saddened. "Hayley, I am sorry. I am sorry for not helping you before and after the pregnancy. I have failed you but I will not do it again. And Hope. I will always love you, I will make it that no soul or being ever bothers you, I will be your father and love you through it all. Just as your mother will." Klaus winked at Hayley and looked toward Marcel holding his littlest wolf in his arms. "Thank you." Klaus got off the stage and everyone applauded at his corny yet heart touching speech.

        Klaus went to the food table and Rebekah came up to him. "I am so happy for you brother." Klaus was going to start a conversation with his baby sister but something caught his eye. "Yes, excuse me." Klaus walked up to Hayley an Rebekah's eyes followed. The song Stay came on and Klaus offered his hand. "Care to dance, love?" Hayley smiled and rolled her eyes. She took his hand and he led her to the dance floor. He put his hands on her waist and she put hers on his shoulder. They went along with the music. "You look ravishing in that dress." Hayley chuckled and a blush crept on her cheeks. 

        "Even when you are redeemed, you still are your cocky self." Klaus bobbed his head and laughed. All of Hayley's thought drifted, even the ones about Elijah. They stared into each other's eyes like they couldn't look away. It was heated and intense. Klaus lowered his hand on Hayley's body and she shivered. Hayley never really understood what people meant when they said that they were getting lost into each other's eyes, but now she did. Klaus pulled her closer and could hear her heavy breathing. Both of their hearts were beating fast. Rebekah was watching and admired them. She knew that by the way they looked at each other, it was so clear. It was like Rebekah was solving a puzzle. She solved it and realized, it wasn't Elijah who belonged with Hayley, it was Klaus.

        The song came to an end and Hayley was about to walk away but Klaus grabbed her. They shared another intense look until Klaus said, "One more dance." She nodded and put her head on his shoulder. That one dance soon became... eight. Klaus knew that Hayley wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. He was glad that she stayed.