What was mine

A/N: This is based off of 1x22

Hayley's p.o.v:

I saw blood rushing down Genevieve's face, coming from her eyes. I could see the immense pain she was feeling and wanted her to die already. She tried to kill my daughter and she took what was mine. Everybody knows that you should never steal from a wolf. We are VERY territorial. "Tell Klaus... I'm sorry." Just her mentioning Klaus' name inflicted anger in me.

I was deciding whether or not I should let her die a slow and painful death sent from the ancestors or let her die by my hand. I grabbed a knife and plunged it deep into her stomach. Red blood started flowing and staining her perfectly white dress. Killing her by my own hand gave me a feeling of remorse. A smile was tugging on my lips but I fought it. Besides, I made her end, short and quick.

"I'm not." Truth be told, I wasn't sorry and held no regret. Killing her made me feel like there was a wave of power invested in me. Holding her life in my hands made me feel in control, because I was. I looked at Elijah and he stared at me with shame. He couldn't be feeling pity for that red headed bitch. She tried to kill me and my daughter and she stole what was mine. Then again, he was the noble Elijah. Who knew his nobility could become... annoying.

We walked out of the crypt and I stopped. "I'll be right back." I ran back in to have a moment with Genevieve. The smile I tried hiding from Elijah came back on my lips. I didn't know what got over me. My hand went through her red curls and her eyes were wide open. "Genevieve, Genevieve, Genevieve. You should've known that if you take what is mine, you would end up here. Have fun in hell." I brushed my hand over her eyes and they closed. I caught up with Elijah and we went home.

(1 week later)

Klaus was sitting across me with another one of his poetry book. He still thought the ancestors killed Genevieve. I figured now was a good time to tell him. "I thought you should know, I killed your sex partner." Klaus looked up from his book and quirked up an eyebrow as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Why would you do that? I would think that you would want her to have a slow and tragic end." I smirked and picked up the latest newspaper. I didn't know how to respond without sounding like a murderous bitch. "Unless it was about more than just Hope?" I gulped as he started to catch on. I didn't think he would catch on quickly. "Why did you really do it, little wolf?" He narrowed his eyes with a knowing smile. There was no point in hiding the truth now.

"She took what was mine." Klaus chuckled and stood up to go to the kitchen. He wouldn't understand. He has never felt jealousy and possession over someone who was not family. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"Do you wanna know why I daggered Elijah in the beginning?" I shot him a questioning glance, unsure of what he was playing at. I motioned him to go on and his answer shocked me.

"He took what was mine."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nothing much to say, but sorry for making Hayley a cold bitch. I kinda think that Hayley killed Genevieve for stealing Klaus. I mean, think about it. Klaus sensed the brewing romance between Elijah and Hayley on the first episode, so he daggered Elijah. Then in the last episode, Hayley finally has the power to kill Gen because she knew of her and Klaus' affairs but couldn't kill her before because it would cause a commotion through the quarter. Bottom line is, they'd both kill for each other. I'm sticking with this. Tell me your thoughts on this reasoning in the comments

Vote Comment Share