Love [ Short Story ]

'Aw fuck' It was a quarter past nine, almost two hours later than he was supposed to wake up. Why didn't his alarm ever work? He paid thirty bucks for it, for that much it should've made him coffee. Sam groaned stretching his arms above his head, throwing an arm to his right. Smacking the empty spot beside him on the bed. 'Oh right...' He forgot people actually had lives, had things to do and not just lie around the house all day. There were no new cases, nothing. All Sam could do was wait for Dean to return from some girl's house. He didn't know what was worse--his brother able to get laid or the fact it happened every night and Dean came home acting all high and mighty. It drove him nuts. To the point he wanted to smack some sense into his brother.

But he never did, he knew it made Dean happy to be able to show his little brother he was able to lure someone in with a small wink here or there, or maybe even a cheesy pickup line. They always worked on bar tenders, very rarely there were people who didn't fall for it. Dean would never shut up about those people. Sam just told him 'there are plenty of fish in the sea'. To which Dean said 'I'm a whale shark. They need a lot of fish'.

Well....whalesharks did need a lot of fish.

The youngest Winchester tried his best to keep himself occupied, watching whatever was on the television. Listening to music and took a few naps, a motel room wasn't homey. It had a sort of gross feeling to it. Him being Sam Winchester you would think he would get used to the feeling and smells each motel gave, but he never did.

----

3 AM

The front door creaked as body weight pressed against it, outside Dean stood wheezing. A hand over his chest and the other gripping at the door trying to find the handle. Was he being followed? No. Was he injured? Maybe. He cursed under his breath and pounded on the motel door hiccuping, "S-S-Shammy...?" He called, slurring his words. "Shammmmy it's....it's..." He hiccuped again sliding across the door wriggling the door handle furiously. "Don't make me breakdadoor." Behind the door the locks clicked and the huge door opened, Dean fumbled and fell on his back staring up at Sam with a drunken smile.

Sam rolled his eyes hoisting his brother up, "So did you get lucky tonight Dean?" He asked him, wrinkling his nose at the stench of alcohol coming from his brother, it was like it had been dumped all over him. "By how drunk you are I would say no."

Dean threw a hand up and wrapped an arm around Sam's neck, "I'll tell yaaa." He pointed at Sam grinning, "If yoooou would be more carefreee you'd get more pu--"

"Alright alright, that's enough. Get some sleep and we'll talk about this in the morning. I think I caught wind of a case from Bobby." He pushed Dean back into his bed and covered him up sighing.

"Shammy.....shammy....I love yooooou."