Chapter 1

Sarah POV

As I sat in the back of this ambulance I just wanted to give up. This job was all that I had left. I was staring off into space thinking when a police officer walked over to me with a notepad. "Ma'am do you have any idea of how this fire happened?" "No. I was serving some customers then the back of the place just exploded." He just wrote down everything I said then nodded his head. How the hell am I gonna survive now? It was a miracle that I even got this job and now it's just gone. I've been working at the Mango bistro for about two years now and it was the only way I could pay my bills. This was the last thing I needed today.

When they finally let me leave I caught the bus back to my little apartment in Albany. Honestly it ain't the best place to live but I'm trying. I walked into my room and took off my clothes. I looked in the mirror and I hated what I saw. I'm about 5'6 and I have mocha colored skin but I think I'm to big for my size. I got a lot of hips, ass, and titties but I hate my stomach and my thighs. I've tried so hard to lose the weight but I can't. My hair stops to the middle of my back and my eyes are the color of chocolate.

My life ain't all that amazing. My momma died when I was seven and my daddy committed suicide when I was nine. I have no family and I'm all alone. Why my life gotta be like this. I swear I try so hard. I pray, I live right, I don't harm people, I volunteer on my spare time, but I just can't seem to catch a break about anything.

I got in the shower and cleaned my body and my hair before rinsing off and getting out. I wrapped myself in a towel then went into my room. I put on some lotion then put on some panties. I put on a big shirt and a pair of sweatpants. I got into my bed and I sighed. It ain't the most comfortable but I can't complain. I prayed then wrapped my arms around my pillow. I kept thinking about what I was gonna do next month when my bills were due. I went to sleep just stressing about everything. I just need some help because honestly this is just breaking my faith