Chapter 12

Sarah's POV

*Two Weeks Later *

"Sarah make sure the food is being set up properly." "Yes ma'am. " To say I'm exhausted would be an understatement. I've been up since 7:30 this morning making sure things were perfect for Matthew's party tonight.

I walked into the banquet hall's kitchen and sure enough the caterers were setting everything up for later on tonight. I walked back to the front and I saw Ciara rubbing her eyes while yawning, the moment she saw me she walked over to me and lifted her arms signaling me to lift her up. "Mommy I'm tired." "I am too." I looked up at Matthew's mom and she had the phone glued to her ear so I took that precious moment to take a seat and rest my feet.

I didn't know I fell asleep until Matthew's mom came over and woke me up. "Sweetie go and get some rest everything is done just make sure you're back here by 8:30 for hair and makeup. " "Yes ma'am." "You hush all that ma'am stuff, just call me Jessica." "Okay I'll see you later." I turned and picked up a sleeping Ciara and carried her to the car strapping her in the backseat before I hopped in the front seat and made the long drive back to Matthew's house.

He wasn't there, thank goodness, so I quickly parked the car and got his gifts before picking up Ciara and walked to the front door. I swear this man is worst than the damn CIA. You would think just needing a key would be enough but no I had to scan my damn finger print and punch in the code before the door finally opened. I let the door close behind me and locked it before I walked up the stairs and to Ciara's room. I laid her down in her bed before I dragged myself across the hall to my room and just dropped myself on the bed. It was 2:30 now so I could sleep for about 3 1/2 hours before I had to get ready. I set the alarm on my phone and shut my eyes letting sleep over take me immediately.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
I rolled over and slid my finger across my cell phone screen shutting off the alarm. Sitting up I yawned and stretched before getting up and going to Ciara's room. She was still asleep so I quickly grabbed my towel and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I knew I couldn't stay in for too long because if I was late Jessica would have my ass. Once I was done I wrapped myself in a towel and walked back into the room putting on some lotion and deodorant. I knew my dress was strapless so I had to use one on the bras Matthew bought that day no matter how much I didn't want to. I didn't even look at the price tag I just slipped on the black lace bra with the matching thong before putting on a pair of pants and a t-shirt. I made sure to pack everything I needed for tonight carefully in a duffel bag before going to Ciara's room. "Ciara....Ciara baby wake up." She rolled over and rubbed her eyes before opening them and looking up at me. "Time to get ready for the party." She immediately got up and smiled running into her bathroom. Not much later I heard the water turn on so I went and grabbed her things placing them into my bag.

When she was done with her bath I helped her get dressed before I cleaned up a little. I looked at the time and it was already 7:15. I grabbed my bag and Ciara's hand walking downstairs and to the door. After settimg the alarm and locking the door we went through the garage and I grabbed the car keys from the bumper of the Jaguar. I strapped Ciara in securely before gettimg in the front, throwing my stuff into the passenger seat. "You okay Ciara?" "Yeah." I unlocked the garage door and reversed the car back out and waited for the garage door to close before pulling off going back to the banquet hall.

Pulling up the outside looked so beautiful glowing from the different colored lights. "Mommy it look so pwetty." "I know." I parked the car in the front and handed the keys to the valet before grabbing Ciara with my bag. The moment we walked inside we didn't even get the chance to be in awe before we were whisked away by Jessica into the private area upstairs. "Hi grandma." "Hey there sugar. You two need to get ready." Just as fast as she came she was gone leaving Ciara and I to get dressed before hair and makeup arrived. I got Ciara ready first helping her change into her pretty white dress and creme ballerina flats. "Okay Ciara I have to get changed so don't move okay." "Okay." She hopped on a chair and sat there as I grabbed the bag and went into the bathroom to change. I stripped out of my clothes and grabbed the garment bag that held my dress. Being extremely I slipped into the dress feeling it fit like a glove to my body. I was able to zip it up on my own, thank god, and walked back out to see a whole team of people setting up. "Mommy you look so pwetty." "Thank you baby so do you." She hopped off of the chair and ran over to me hugging my legs.

"Hello my name is Judy and I'll be doing your hair tonight. Who will I be starting with?" "Me me me!" Ciara looked so excited and Judy smiled as she took her hand sitting her in a chair. "In the meantime my name is Carlos and I'll be doing your makeup. What kind of look are you going for tonight?" "Umm something natural I guess." "Say no more." He grabbed this huge kit and when he opened it was like make up wonderland. He sat me down in a chair then got to work telling me when to open and close my eyes. It didn't take him long and by the time he was done so was Judy. Ciara looked absolutetly gorgeous with her hair straightened and I just smiled before getting pulled into the same chair. "Do you have a preference for tonight?" "Not really just something that will go good with this dress." She nodded her head before turning me around and being to work.

Jessica (Matthew's mom) came rushing through the door the second Judy was done and stopped dead in her tracks looking like a deer in headlights. "My lord my son is going to make me a grandmother for the second time tonight." I couldn't help but laugh highly doubting that but when I stood up and turned towards the mirror I was surprised myself. Never, and I do mean never, have I ever seen myself like this and I didn't even know I could look like this. "Honey you look beautiful but Matthew is on his way." I nodded my head and looked away from the mirror slipping on my shoes. "Where should I put my things?" "You can leave it here this door is going to be locked." I nodded and slipped on my heels before grabbing Ciara's. "Mommy you look weally weally pwetty." I smiled and lifted her up kissing her cheek. "And you look really really really pretty." She smiled and kissed my cheek before I put her back down and took her hand walking to the front.

It was a ton of people fillling the room and Jessica told me it was everyone from close friends to family members. I walked Ciara around the room letting her say hi to different people but we were pulled away by his mom when the announcement was made that Matthew was pulling up. "I need you right in front so when he walks in we can get his face on camera." I just rolled my eyes and smiled walking to the front with Ciara. Someone shut off the lights and we waited until we heard the front door close. "Where he at?" I could pick that voice out from a crowd knowing that was Matthew "I think it's another door around the corner." We heard footsteps approaching cautiously and when the doors were pushed open someone turned back on the lights while we all yelled surprise catching Matthew completely off guard.