Chapter 7

*Picture of Matthew's house in the MM*

Sarah's POV

It was bright almost too bright as my eyes opened. I looked around for a little and I was in my bedroom but it didn't look the same. The teddy bears, the light pink walls, the coloring books everywhere. That's when I realized I was in my bedroom from when I was a little girl. I got up and walked to the door looking at my little hand reach for the doorknob and turn as I pulled it opened and looked in the hallway. It was quiet in my house and I mean to quiet. That's when the ear splitting scream came. I clutched my teddy bear tighter as I slowly walked towards the sound my heart beating a mile a minute.

When I reached my parents bedroom I turned the knob and opened the door to see my daddy rocking back and forth on his knees crying his heart out while holding my mom. I was only seven years old so I didn't know what was going on. I walked into the room slowly until I stopped in front of them. "Daddy why are crying." My voice sounded so innocent, so pure. He looked up and his eyes were blood shot red and he didn't look like the man I knew. His hair was all over the place, eyes puffy and red, the smile that seemed to be painted on his face was replaced with a look of pain and I didn't know what to do. I kneeled down in front of him and started to wipe his tears then looked down at my mom. She looked like she was sleeping so I started tapping her shoulder so she could find out what was wrong with daddy. "Mommy come on wake up daddy's crying." My dad looked at me in pity as I shook harder started to get scared. "Mommy...mommy wake up its not funny.....mommy..mommy..MOMMY!!." Tears rushed down my face as realization started to hit me. I felt arms wrap around my body but I fought against them trying to get to my mommy. "Baby girl she's gone...she's gone." I turned to look at my dad defeated. It hurt, it felt like it was to much. I couldn't escape the pain no matter how hard I tried. I screamed and pushed at his hands trying to get to her but the harder I fought the farther she started to slip away from me.

Sarah..Sarah...Sarah wake up!!! My eyes sprung open as I looked around to see that I was a grown woman again and that it was all just a dream . Matthew sitting next to me looking concerned. "Yo ma what's wrong?" I looked around to see where I was and I was guessing we were at his house because all my stuff was in the corner. "I'm sorry it was just I didn't mean to wake you." He reached out and wiped my tear and I flinched feeling a sharp pain run through the right side of my face. I remembered back to earlier and immediately became embarrassed. "Umm about earlier...I'm sorry about what happened." "You good ma like I said Ima make sure nobody hurt you again." I knew better to take that seriously but I nodded my head anyways. "Look ima be out for a little while but Ciara in her room sleep and everything you need is here. If you need to go anywhere call me first then we'll go from there." He walked to the door and turned back to me. "Check the drawer next to your bed." I hesitantly got up and checked the drawer to see a iPhone box. "Are you serious?" "That's for you and I ain't takin it back so call me if anything." I picked up the phone just staring at it. Never having my own phone it was a little over whelming receiving it from someone I don't even know. "Thank you." "You good ma." I looked down at my feet avoiding his strong gaze just to see that I only had on an over sized shirt. I looked to see he was just staring at me so I ran to the bed and got under the sheets. "You changed my clothes?" "Yeah." I looked down feeling uncomfortable and scared of what he thought. I'm sure he's seen so many different females and I don't even compare. "I already see them wheels workin in ya head and trust me when I tell you shawty you ain't got nothing to be ashamed of." He gave me a million dollar smile before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him leaving me a blushing and confused mess.

_

_

_

_

When Ciara finally woke up I made sure she took a bath and brushed her teeth then sat her down and did her hair. "Ms.Sarah I'm hungry." "Okay baby I'll make you something as soon as I'm done with your hair." She sat still as I finished the braids on the left side of her head then left out the middle and the right side just adding a little gel making it curly. She looked in the mirror and smiled at her reflection before running back over to me wrapping her little arms around my neck. "Thank you Ms.Sarah I look pretty." "You're always pretty now lets go get you something to eat."

I took her hand and we walked downstairs. I didn't know where I was going but Ciara sure did as she pulled me left and right until we reached a huge living room. This house screamed wealth and I felt so out of place. Shoot the most expensive thing I had in my apartment was my bed and my couch. We walked to the other side of the house to see a huge kitchen straight from my dreams. Stainless steel everything with marble counters and touch screen stove tops. I looked around and took in everything before sitting Ciara on the island and looking through the cabinets and fridge. I found a couple things but I didn't know if Ciara was allergic to anything so I ran upstairs and grabbed "my" phone and unlocked it getting on how this thing work. I walked back the way I came from and still couldn't figure this thing out. "Ms.Saarah do you need help?" I looked up and smiled while handing the phone. "I want to call your dad but don't know how." She smiled at me before her little fingers glided across the screen pulling up the contacts and clicking the only contact in the phone. She handed it back to me and I took it mesmerized at how much she knew to be so young.

Matthew picked up the phone on the third ring and I got nervous because he sounded busy. "Wassup ma?" "Umm I was gonna make something for little bit to eat but I don't know if she's allergic to anything." "Nah she good she can eat anything but I appreciate you callin to ask." I felt a stupid smile spread across my face and he remained silent so I hurried up and ended the call not wanting to waste anymore of his time. "Alright princess what do you want to eat?" "Pancakes!!" I smiled and pinched her little cheek before finding everything I need to make my moms famous buttermilk pancakes. I looked up at Ciara every couple seconds to see her playing on my phone. I smiled and turned to the stove busying myself on the pancakes making sure they all came out perfect. When I was done I gave her three with syrup and a side of sausage and a glass of orange juice. "Thank you mommy." I stopped immediately and looked at her and she stopped blushing. "Sorry." "No sweetie its okay I don't mind if you call me mommy but I would rather talk to your daddy first to see if he's okay with that." "Okay." She went to playing on the phone while eating and I took that time to clean up the kitchen, putting everything back to how I found it. When Ciara was done eating I cleaned her plate and put it away before we walked to the living room. "Can we watch Little Mermaid?" "We can watch whatever you want princess." She squealed and ran to grab it while I set up the DVD.

By the third time Ciara was fast asleep on the couch so I covered her with a blanket and took that time to go take a shower. I grabbed my things and took them to the bathroom downstairs not wanting to leave her out of my sight for to long. I stripped out of my clothes and turned on the water letting it get hot before getting in. I scrubbed my body enjoying the feel of the hot water not remembering the last time I took a shower for this long. I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. I dried off and put on some moisturizer. I put on my clothes and towel dried my hair before tying it up. I took my clothes back upstairs and put them in the dirty clothes before going back downstairs. Ciara was still asleep and it was already 4 so I decided to start on dinner. I went to the freezer and saw alot of differents meats and looked in the fridge to see the entire suppermarket. Man he has it good. From what I know Matthew's mom can really cook soul food so I decided to stay in that range. After 20 minutes of me trying to figure this phone out I finally learned how to download Pandora thanks to YouTube and plugged in my headphones. Jhene Aiko radio was already on so I just let her voice take over while I got comfortable in the kithen. My song Post To Be came on and I was jammin while cooking getting into it. Little did I know I had an audience.