Chapter 6

Harry POV

So close, I was so close.

I should've kissed her. Crap, all because of Niall. Why was he calling for us anyway? Only one way to find out.

I went downstairs, Alex had already left me. Who knows what she thinks about me now? I totally messed up this time. We had just begun a new friendly relationship, then I just had to ruin it. I was afraid. I was afriad because I knew that if I spoke, I would say something totally wrong. Thats why I wasn't talking to her. That's why I kept quiet. Like I might just flirt with her or maybe even spill out the fact that I liked her. No, I couldn't afford to do that.

Well, who cares now? I totally blew it. And now, she's gonna go back to hating me and she will not even talk to me. I screwed up bad.

I went downstairs and the first thing I saw was...Louis?

"Hey Harreh!" Louis shouted. I came closer and saw that everyone was here. Louis along with Eleanor, Liam along with Danielle, and Zayn. Perrie was probably busy on tour or recording I guessed.

"How's it going, mate?" Liam asked, followed by Danielle, Eleanor, and Zayn saying, "Hey."

"Look at you! You look tired. How about a nice boobear hug?" Louis asked as he crushed me in his bear hug, while ruflling through my hair and putting it all out of place.

I struggled and finally got him off. I did my standard "shake, shake, & swoosh" and my hair was back to normal. In all of this commotion, I had totally forgotten about Alex, where was she?

I turned around to see that she was right behind me, and was talking to Danielle and Eleanor. Looks like Niall had introduced them already. She was just talking to them, laughing occasionally. Alex turned to look at me, she flashed a smile. What the hell?

We were all just hanging out in the living, with beers and snacks kept in the kitchen. Like old days. Eleanor was sitting in Louis lap on the floor, and the couch was occupied by Liam whoose head was on Danielle's lap. I suspected Niall to be in the kitchen, his second home or probably first. Zayn was just sitting in the corner trying to make a conversation with all of us, but I could tell he was missing Perrie. Poor guy...I almost ran out of beer so I went to the kitchen to get some more, Alex was standing there refilling her bowl of popcorn. She didn't drink, so she had some fruit punch in her glass instead.

I was about turn around, because I didn't want any more awkwardness to come in between us, but I was too late, she had already seen me.

"Hey, what are you getting?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"Nothing, just a refil," I said motioning to my half empty glass.

Her facial expression darkened, she probably hated to drink and the drinkers.

"Listen, about what happened on the roof, I'm really sorry-"

"About what?" she interrupted, "See, Harry, I've chosen to forget about ALL of our past history, whatever we had. So, let's celebrate a "newer new beginning" seeing that the "new begininng" didn;t go so well?"

She raised her glass of fruit punch and clincked it against my half empty glass.

"To friendship" she said.

We headed outside, when I realized I hadn't refilled my glass. I was to lazy to go back, maybe next time.

"Let's watch a movie!" Niall screamed from the top of the stairs.

"That's a great idea, what movie should we watch?" Liam asked.

"How about The Notebook?" Danielle asked.

Everyone like that idea. All of us got in front of the TV. Liam and Danielle we're snuggled up in one part of the couch and Eleanor and Louis in another. Zayn made himself comfortable in the armchair, while Niall went up forward and put the movie on. Alex and I lay down on the floor on top of our stomachs. Niall came and sat on the other side of Alex on top of his stomach too.

"Everyone have a box full of tissues ready?" Louis said. Everyone laughed and said yes.

The movie was about in the middle when Alex and I sat up, my stomach was hurting from being on it for a long time, I guessed Alex had the same problem. We just sat upright leaning our back against the sofa.

As the movie was coming to an end, Alex's head fell over my shoulder. She had fallen asleep. She looked beautiful when she was sleeping. Her long eyelashes, her high cheekbones, and her long brown hair was just perfect. I just wished we could stay like this forever.

Judging by the silence, I thought that everyone was sleeping. Niall was on the floor, snoring. Zayn had turned the armchair into his bed, Louis and Eleanor were cuddled up in each others arms fast asleep, Danielle was sleeping on Liams shoulder. From where I was sitting, I couldn't see Liam, so I suspected he was asleep too.

I looked down on Alex. I pushed her hair behind her ear, and kissed her forehead. She shuddered, so I took my sweatshirt off and put it on her. Sounds cheesy, but that's just me.

"You love her don't you?"

So, Liam wasn't asleep.

"I always try telling myself that I can't have her, that she just wants us to friends and that's how it should be, but my heart always wants more. I don't know what to do," I was always open to Liam, he was a great listener and always gave great advice.

"You know what mate? You just have to wait. Just make her want you. And I'm a hundred percent sure she likes you too,"

I laughed, "You haven't seen her around me. What makes you think she likes me?"

"I saw the way she looked at you. She kept stealing glances while the movie was going on. She loves you too, she just hasn't realized it yet," he said as he lifted Danielle bridal style."Well, I'll take Danielle upstairs. You wake up Louis and tell him to take Eleanor with him to his room."

I nodded and turned to Alex. I lifted her head up carefully so I don't wake her up, and I placed it on a pillow. I stood up and tried to wake Louis up. I stopped myself and looked down at him and Eleanor, they were so perfect, I wish Alex and I could be like that. I stared at their cuddled bodies and decided that I should just let them sleep there. I didn't want to disturb their beauty sleep.

I made Zayn get up and go to his room. He kept on saying "Perrie, I miss you." poor guy. I shook Niall so he can get up. He got up but-

"Don't touch my pizza!" he screamed.

"Shhh!" I said and tried to calm him down. I took him to his room carefully and reassuring to him that all the food was safe and sound in the fridge, and he can have some more the next morning.

I came back to Alex. What should I do with her? I picked her up, bridal style, and lifted her up the spiral staircase. I was really tired myself, so much had happened today. I laid her down on her bed and kept my sweatshirt on her. I put some more blankets on top of her. Then, I kissed her forehead once more and left the room closing the door behind me-

"Good night, Alex. Sweet dreams."