Chapter 3

Alex POV

It was a long quiet drive.

I stayed silent the whole way, I didn't want to talk. All I needed was silence and, of course, music.

Harry and Niall tried their very best to include me in their conversations, but I just pretended that I didn't hear them. Okay, I admit, I was acting ignorant, mean, and self-centered. And these boys on the other hand, so nice, kind, and helpful. To be honest, I'm not always like that. In fact, I'm never like that. I'm clearly sure that my social skills are not so bad. It's the situation that's making me behave that way. I think it's just all of the sudden things that happened to me today...

Okay, I thought, I had taken it too far, I was being too stern. I'll give Harry another chance, I thought.

The car came to a halt in front of a mansion with three floors. Of course he owns a mansion. But I had to admit that it was the most elegant and sophisticated mansion I had ever seen.

I got out of the car and headed inside. As soon as i entered, there were a series of spiral stairs that led up to the beautiful blue sky (that’s what it looked like from below) and behind that was what seemed like an unused kitchen. To the left was the dinning and ti the right was a humungous living room with an 80" plasma TV. Along with it were many different kinds of playing systems, x-boxes, PS3's (note that I'm using plural) followed by at least a hundred game CD's stacked neatly on a shelf.

The best part about this house was the interior design. Its resembled the ocean. Ever thing was blue, dark blue, light blue, aqua blue, you name it. It was peaceful. In fact I actually thought that I heard and smelt the sea. My imagination, I laughed it off.

"There's a beach just a few hundred yards away. It's walking distance," Niall came up behind me and said.

So I wasn't imagining.

I thought we were at the wrong house, because you won't expect two teenage boys living in such a graceful place. But then I saw the rooms.

Niall and Harry led me up to my room. Niall told Harry to go and get some rest. I can bet I heard something about not getting naked for a long time. Boys.

I passed by Harry's room. Remember what I said about giving him another chance? I forgot all about it when I saw his room. I could actually swear, that I saw a bra hanging from the end of his bed. That could only mean three things, he usually had girls over in his room *rolls eyes*, he shares his room with his sister (if he has one, and I don't think he will like that) or he's just like to wear them.

Probably the first reason.

Now anyone can see why I won't give him another chance. He's just like the other boys, they act all nice at the beginning and they actually make you believe that they are not one of them, and then they get all over you. Pathetic.

That's the reason why I don't date. Yep, I never had a boyfriend. And besides that, I have my grades to think about.

Crap! Now nothing can be done, I'm gonna miss school and the stupid first-week test. Dang-it. At least I could study these two weeks and make it up the very first day I go to school. Yes, that's what I'll do.

Niall escorted me to my room. He's a nice guy and actually seems unlike Harry. He helped me get my things(whatever it was I had, since everything I had went away with my parents) and get the room set up the way I wanted it to be. He was very helpful.

He was funny as well. Unlike Harry, who talks about cats? We talked for a while, having occasional laughs. And then he left me in my room to get freshened up.

I got all freshened up and went downstairs. It had been hours since I had eaten and I had a huge appetite. Downstairs I came face-to-face with Niall.

"Hey, so you like your room?" Niall asked.

"Yeah it's pretty cool," I replied. "Nice house you've got here."

"Thanks. Do you want to go shopping? 'Cause I really thing that you couldn't possibly have all of your clothes in that little backpack of yours," he said with a smirk.

"Um, I don't know. I don't have any money, and I already owe you guys for letting me live here. I think I'll manage. It's not like we are ever gonna go out and party, right?" I laughed.

"Well, you never know when you might have a bikini emergency," he winked.

And so it was settled, we were going shopping. I got ready (it was hard, seeing I don't have any clothes) and came downstairs. Niall was waiting for me outside...along with Harry.