XIX

xix

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, I'm sure, mom.' Ashton was still hesitantly hugging his mother, while she was making sure he hadn't forgotten anything. Tiffany and Ashton were about to leave to England. His mother had seemed to understand and respect his choice to move to the other side of the world to live with his girlfriend, but standing at the airport and having to say goodbye for most probably at least 8 months -from April until Christmas- just made everything a little too hard for her.

Tiffany had already said her goodbye to Ashton's mom, and had decided to step back a little to watch their bags and suitcases, and to give Ashton and his mother some time. Then after a few minutes there was this announcement saying that their plane was going to leave soon, which made Ashton's mother cry harder and Ashton and Tiffany quickly walked off to not make it any harder for the women.

When finally in the air, Tiffany turned to her half sleeping boyfriend and asked, 'Back in England, what are you going to be doing?'

To which Ashton shrugged. 'Haven't decided yet.'

'So you have thought about options?'

'Yeah.'

Tiffany kept looking at him, waiting for him to continue which he just didn't. He closed his eyes again and Tiffany was left to look out of the small window beside her.

'I might get a job after a while.' Tiffany turned back to Ashton, who had finally continued talking, though she wasn't paying attention anymore.

'What are you going to do until you've got one?' She asked, too curious.

'Love you.'

'Going to love me?' he nodded. 'But don't you love me already?'

Ashton chuckled. 'Of course I do, but I'm going to love you better.'

His hand found hers and he smiled, just before she leaned forward to kiss him. It was weird to Tiffany, the feeling that she felt that moment. Like she was the luckiest girl in the world, who would always be safe because no matter what would happen, she knew that Ashton would be there for her to protect her, to comfort her, to love her. And she would always do the same for him.

-

Tiffany opened the door to her small apartement, which luckily hadn't been lonely over the past few months, since Tiffany asked her good friend Edith to look after it while she was in Australia. Tiffany was ready to go inside, but waited for Ashton who was having some trouble with his bag but soon caught up with his girlfriend. She laughed a little at his clumsiness before stepping inside, only to see Edith on the couch watching TV.

Edith was one of those people who liked everyone, and they all liked her. She had a smile that could light up the room, and her long dark hair could be used for one of those commercials for hair products. Tiffany and Edith had been friends for years now, and Tiffany had often slept in Edith's house back when her mother was getting so sick that she had to stay in the hospital.

The girls talked for what seemed like hours and hours, making sure they knew everything about what the other one had been up to in the past few months.

Ashton walked back into the living room to sit beside Tiffany after bringing all their stuff to the bedroom, which had probably made Edith think about what she said next, 'oh and I have a boyfriend?!'

One thing that Tiffany had learned over all those years, was that Edith never had boyfriends. Not that boys didn't like her, but she just didn't like the idea of having a relationship. She liked to be free and believed she would lose her freedom the moment she got together with someone.

'Really? What's his name?' Tiffany asked surprised, making her friend laugh.

'Luke, Luke Hemmings.' She said, then turned to Ashton. 'Quite funny Ash, he's from Australia too!'

------

I'm so not happy with this chapter and it's a filler (but I kinda needed to sort of introduce Edith bc she's going to be quite important later on) and I feel like I say this everytime but I'm sorry it took so long okay :( and I feel bad for asking this but can we please get to 800 votes for this story? that would make me really happy :))))