XIV

xiv

'My boyfriend, yes, his name's Ashton.'

Madison somehow kept smiling, looking at Tiffany waiting for her reply. Tiffany, however, did not know what to say. Did she tell her that, no, he is not here, he is in Australia? And then, find out what was going on on her own, having to speak to Ricky and definitely to Ashton first? She had also wanted, only just for a few seconds, to tell Maddison that Ashton was her boyfriend now, but she couldn't hurt the girl in front of her the way she had been hurt earlier when getting told Ashton was dating someone else.

Tiffany struggled to find the right words for a long time, before finally taking a deep breath, 'Ashton's not here, I can't help you, sorry.'

And she knew that Madison was going to answer after that, of course, but Tiffany closed the door in front of her without even giving her the chance to. She sank to the ground, hands flying to her face as if being a little girl not wanting anyone around her to see the tears that were now rolling down her cheeks.

She kept asking herself how she could've been so stupid, and even though she had done nothing wrong, she felt like she had just killed someone. She also didn't quite know whether she should've believed Madison, who was not more than an unknown person to her. Madison could've lied, could've just made a joke, though it wouldn't have been a funny one at all.

Tiffany was desperate to find out if Ashton, her boyfriend, was really seeing another girl, behind her back. She was secretly hoping that, that if he did know a girl named Madison, he had never been more than friends with her, or that if he had ever been in a relationship with the girl, it wasn't a real serious one. Because Tiffany believed, that if Ashton had in fact dated the blonde girl who was - according to Tiffany - way prettier then she would ever be, Tiffany wouldn't be able to ever be a girlfriend as good as Madison.

Then, an hour went by, and another one, and perhaps even another two, and Tiffany had now found herself sitting - or almost lying - on the couch. It was past midnight, but she didn't seem to care about the time. She also wasn't sad, not anymore. She had even felt a little bit pathetic to have cried about the whole situation, whilst she didn't even know if any of it was actually true. So, she went from being sad, to feeling pathetic, to the mood she described as 'Let it rest until tomorrow'. And that was what she did; she forgot about Ashton, Madison, relationships, or anything that had to do with those, for just a while. Tiffany turned off the television, which hadn't been on for many more reasons than to avoid Tiffany's living room from being absolutely silent. A hot shower was next on her list of things to do, and then after that, Tiffany was finally off to bed.

3.06am.

4.20am.

7.45am.

Tiffany had a restless, and awfully long night. She even almost felt relieved when she saw the sun shining as she looked outside her window. Breakfast didn't sound as something she was looking for, so Tiffany skipped it, even though she knew how bad it is to skip breakfast. Instead of eating, she took a look at her phone, only to find a text message from none other than, Ashton.

"Hey babe! Are you awake yet? :) I'm missing you!!<3 xxxx"

Tiffany couldn't help but smile whilst reading his message, but doubts soon replaced butterflies. She thought, that if he had possibly lied about any previous relationships, he could also be lying about his feelings for Tiffany. And suddenly, she just felt sick. She wanted to know the truth.

"Ash, we need to talk. X"

---

I'm sorry for yet again the long wait.. I guess this was kind of a filler, but I do hope you like it. :)

And thank you all so much for all the votes you guys have been giving me lately. Really wow!!<3