IV

iv

Ashton could barely sleep the night following the day he had received Tiffany's last letter. He was desperate to know who she really was. As he was staring at the ceiling around 4am, wide awake and unable to sleep , he thought of the mysterious girl, and listed all the things he knew about her. But more than her name, age, passion for music, and the fact that she had beautiful teeth, he didn't know. It took him about 2 weeks to write back to Tiffany. He did not exactly know what to say, because what are you supposed to write to an unknown person? You sure do want to make a good impression, and you don't want to disappoint the person you're writing to, because what if you say one misplaced thing, and that person won't ever write you back again?

So, after thinking and thinking, Ashton finally wrote the letter, keeping things simple, and opening up just enough.

''Dear Tiffany,

I'm sorry it took so long for me to write you back, I hope you're a patient person. Why don't we meet in person? What's the reason for us writing instead of talking?

The part about your family really got to me, and I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your mum and about what your dad did. Do you have any siblings?

I have two; a younger brother, and a younger sister. I'm not from here ,though, I'm from Australia. I'll stay here in London for a while, until I finish my study. I do miss them, you know. Sometimes, I'm not even sure if I want to stay here, in cold England, where everything is different and everyone is strange. It's November, Christmas is coming soon, and the idea of spending it without my family, all on my own on the small couch in my flat does not comfort me, at all.

Give me a subject to talk about, and I will tell you endless stories about everything that crosses my mind, thinking about that one subject. But Tiffany, telling things about myself is not one of my talents. And as much as I want to write you infinite letters, I can't. It's like my head tells my hand what to do, whilst my hand is actually deaf. It can't hear what my head says, so nothing actually comes out of it, you know?

Enjoy your coffee,

Ashton"

Tiffany of course watched him as he was writing it, and to her, he seemed rather sad. She did not know why at that right moment, but she understood his small frown and numb eyes when she read his letter later that day. She couldn't know what he felt, missing his siblings, because she'd never had any siblings, but she did know how it feels to miss someone, and she couldn't feel more sorry for him.

-----

Alright, this was the last letter for quite a while, don't worry haha. the chapters will be a little bit longer from now on as well. :)