See You Soon

DALTON'S POV

"I felt like I needed a break, ya know?" I told Emily. She looked over at me from her spot on the couch and eyed me suspicously.

"Is this for Fly Away Hero?" Hunter had started hanging out with me more so I guess my secret was out now. I slowly noddded my head and she gave me a small smile. "I'm glad you're doing what you want."

"Thank you." I hugged Emily and looked at her. "So, that David guy. I saw him come out of your room."

She smacked my arm. "Oh shush. He's alright but I'm still in a complicated relationship with Cole. Besides, I need some space."

"You were totally into him." I said.

"Well, have you seen his abs?!" she asked flopping back on her bed. I watched as she looked up at the ceiling. "Do you think the fame is going to get to them?"

I didn't say anything for a while, deciding what the best thing to say is. "Em, don't worry about it." I walked out and made my way across the hall into the bathroom. I fixed my tie and ran my hand through my hair. We had to have court hearings today for Alex, and I was really nervous.

*****

"Next to the witness stand, Lucas Johnson." The judge said. I watched Lucas come from the holding cell and he wasn't really happy to see us. So far, everything has been going good, and we might have a good chance of winning the case.

While questioning Luke, he refused to answer any questions except one.

"Did you know the truth about Alex?" Our lawyer asked him. He looked at Alex and then he looked down at his hands. He was probably trying to decide what to say at the moment.

"..." He mumbled something, but I couldn't pick up what he was saying.

"Speak up, son." The judge said as he hit his gavel. Luke looked up at the judge and rolled his eyes. He cleared his throat before talking again.

'"Yes." He replied again.

"Why did you join her 'family' on the scheme? The kidnapping, etc." The lawyer asked. Luke rolled his eyes like he didn't want to be here and he had better things to do.

"She was bringing us a ton load of money." He said, smilng evily. I looked at Alex, who was staring at Luke with no expression in her face what so ever.

"I think the jury is ready to make their decision." The judge said looking at the panel. The gaurds escorted Luke back to the holding cell and he winked at me before going in. What the hell?

We took a recess and as we walked towards the bathrooms, I took Alex to the side.

"What does he mean about getting a ton load of money?" I asked her. She just stared at me and shrugged. Something really weird is going on, and I wanted to find out what it is. "Alex." I said sharply.

She looked up at me, her eyes pleading. "They use to send me out, ya know." my face rolled into a state of confusion.

"No. I don't know."

"They use to make me prostitute like things. Older guys paid big bucks. I didnt really think it was a big deal. I was getting more attention from the older men, than anyone else." I stared at Alex. I couldn't really take this in.. her? out of all people? I shook my head and could barely utter anything except a silent.

"Wow." I brushed past her and made my way back into the court room. Only about four people stayed while everyone, used their little break wisely. I was silently glad that after today, I wouldn't have to see any of these people again. It totally disgusted me.

EMILY'S POV

"How'd it go?" I asked Dalton as he walked in. He just shrugged. I guess I'm not asking him any more questions about it.

"She gets to go with Brandon and his family." He said before trudging upstairs. I sighed and sat down on the couch. The front door opened and Cole walked in.

"I have a key." He said when he saw my face. David walked in behind him and then Dana, Gabe, and Will.

"We came to say goodbye." Will said opening his arms to me. I walked over and hugged him tight.

"Actually, they came to say goodbye." Dana said, he started walking back out but Gabe grabbed his collar, yanking him back.

"He didnt mean it." Gabe said forcing Dana to hug me.

"I can't believe you guys are really going on tour." I muttered. They shrugged.

"Its what we've always wanted." Will said. "I'll miss you kid." I rolled my eyes and said goodbye to Gabe.

The three left leaving me with Cole and David. "Well, do I get a hug?" Cole asked.I rolled my eyes and hugged him.

I flinched when he whispered in my ear. "I'll be thinking about you."

"Whats going on between you and Cole?" David asked when he left.

"Nothing. Why?"

"I see the way he looks at you. Anyway, we didnt really have time to get to know each other but I'll see you soon. We're coming back next month for a concert."

"See you then." I said. I sorta kinda gave him an awkward hug.

"I'll hold you a little longer. I know you'll miss these guns." David said showing me his muscles. I giggled.

"They are pretty ravishing." I joked.

"Bye Emily." He said kissing my cheek. That nearly knocked the breath out of me.

****

"He kissed you which means he is in love with you." Joni said on the other line. We were in a three way conversation with Kalyn.

"Puh-lease it was just a cheek kiss. Cole would totally fight him for Emily." Kalyn said. I rolled my eyes even though they couldn't see me.

"Cole is just acting weird. He'll change by next month." I said, hoping it was true.

"Whatever." Kalyn said.

"Speaking of weird, why did you sneak out with Dana?" I asked Joni. I never really got around to talking about that with her.

"Uh.. I got to go. Bye." She hung up quick.

"She avoided the subject." I told Kalyn.

"She snuck out with Dana?! When was this?" Kalyn screamed through the phone. She practically burst my ear drum.

"Its late. I'm going to bed, plus I need to talk to Dalton about what happened earlier."

"NO NO NO TELL ME ABOUT THE SNEAK OUT!" Kalyn yelled. I hung up on her.

I walked to Dalton's room and found him pumping music.

"Dalton?" I asked walking in. He looked at me and gave me a faint smile.

"Emily?" He repeated mocking me.

"What happened today?" I got right to the point so he knew that I wasnt playing any games.

"Alex is disgusting."

A/N: Here's a sucky update. I only had three things planned for this chapter and thats why its short so.. yea. The next chapter should be longer if I put more effort in it. Bye love bugs xoxo