Hero

Emily

"Hey David." I called David after Dalton spent about half an hour yelling at me. Joni told me to tell him to take down the picture, and I'm not sure how none of us thought about that before. Also, the only reason Dalton stopped yelling at me was because he had had to pee for about an hour.

"Emily, baby, what's up." I cringed at the mention of baby.

"Please don't call me that. Could you take the picture down?" I asked David. He was super nice and pretty cooperative so I knew he wouldn't have a problem with it.

"If you promise to go out with me again."

"David. Just take the picture down." I stomped my foot since I thought he would've just said a simple: sure.

"Deal or no deal." He said.

"Deal." I really wasn't up to going out with him again, even if I had a lot of fun with him. He wasn't doing anything to take care of me though, like Cole did when he took me home and even allowed me to throw up in his car.

"See you tomorrow night cupcake." I rolled my eyes before hanging up on David.

"You're still gonna go out with him after everything." A voice came from the direction of my door. My body ran cold and I froze.
"What is it Emily? What is it about David that makes you go back to him, no matter what?"

No response.

"Answer me, dammit!" I was spun around to be face to face with a very pissed and hurt Cole.

"Cole it's not what you think. It was just to get him to take the picture down."

"Sure it's not what I think. It was every other time. I'm so tired of this Emily. I'm tired of you only wanting me when you need me to come give you a ride or to save you from David." He said. My eyes teared up.

"Cole... I"

"No. This is the last time Emily. I'm done. You can find someone else to be your superman cause it's not gonna be me anymore." Cole said. A tear rolled down his cheek. I walked up and tried to wipe it away.

"Don't. You. Dare." He said backing away. "Don't touch me. Don't call me. I don't want anything to do with you anymore." He said and started walking away. I called after him but he just kept going. He walked right out the front door and never looked back. I slammed my door closed and screamed while throwing something across the room. Then I collapsed on the floor and drowned myself in tears.

"Em.." Dalton questioned from the other side of my door.

"GO AWAY" I screamed. I heard Dalton jump and scurry away. I looked at what I threw and my heart dropped. I crawled my way across my room and picked it up. It was a picture of Cole and I. The picture frame had cracked right down the middle as if it was separating me and him. I clutched the picture to my chest. We weren't together yet I felt every fragment of my being crush as I thought of him walking out.

He couldn't have been serious. He'll come back, he always comes back.

"Woah what happened in here?" I snapped my head to see Joni. Her eyes grew wide and she ran over to me.

"E, what happened?" She sat down next to me and I explained what happened.

-:-:-

"There's no way he's serious babe. He's completely head over heels for you. He's just hurting a lot right now give him time he'll be back."

"I don't know Joni. He was really hurt and upset. He didn't even look back when he was leaving. He always looks back no matter what." I said with a sigh. She finally got me to calm down.