Secrets

JONI'S POV

I still want to know what we're late for but no one will tell me. They are all still focused on Alex. I roll my eyes as everyone listens to her story. She better make this quick.

"I was playing with Brandon! Where's Brandon!? Mr. Bugsby!" Alex said. "Me and Brandon were playing a fairytale game! Brandon was my knight in shining armor. Mr. Bugsby was the dragon. I was the princess and Brandon had to protect me from the dragon." Alex explained. Emily was really into this. Mh, I wonder why.

"Hey guys, what am I late for?" I tried to ask. Dalton just motioned for me to be quiet. Obviously I wasn't going to get the answer out of them.

That's when the door opened and there he was. "DANA!" I yelled. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Hey Joni," he said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm here to pick you up. And I was going to see how Alex is doing." He answered.

"She's fine. She's up too," Emily said.

"Soo.... Dalton, Cole?" I said.

"Yes fine go!" They both waved me and Dana off.

"Have fun but not too much! You better bring her home by 8:00 got it Mister?" Cole said making his voice deeper and acting like my dad. I just stuck my tongue out at him then left.

"So, Dana, where are we going?" I asked.

"I don't know, you tell me," he smirked.

"Oh come on Dana! At least give me a hint," I begged. He closed his mouth took his fingers to his lips, and pretend to zip up his mouth and flicked the fake key out of his hand. I just groaned.

EMILY'S POV

As Alex finished up her story I gave Cole a look.

"Well Alex the doctors said you have to stay here for 2 days still so I hope you get better. Get plenty of rest. We gotta go but see you in 2 days yeah?" Dalton said. She nodded.

"Bye Alex," me and Cole said. She waved and we left.

"Guys!" I shouted while getting into the car.

"Emily!" Dalton said mimicking me.

I jus rolled my eyes. "We should throw Alex a surprise welcome home party." I said.

"I like the idea. But where at?" Cole asked.

"At our house!" I said while wrapping my arm around Dalton. Dalton agreed with us.

"Ok so I'll get the decorations and stuff like that. Maybe you guys could preform a couple songs for her yeah? Dalton could bring Alex there, then when they walk in everyone shouts 'Welcome Back!' It'd be perfect! There will be a banner too. Sounds like a plan?" I explained.

"Yeah, lets get this party started!" Dalton shouted.

"Oh and keep it a secret from Alex," I said.

"Maybe we should invite Brandon..." Cole whispered in my ear. He knows. I froze in my spot never taking my eyes of the road until I got back home. How does he know? As soon as Dalton got out of the car I was going to find out.

"Cole how do you know about Brandon?" I asked.

"I have my ways," he said smirking. I rolled my eyes,

"Yeah, ok superman," I said while getting out of the car. I waved bye to Cole as he was pulling out of our driveway.

As soon as I entered the house I went straight to my room. How did Cole know about Brandon? And why didn't he tell me? Why is he keeping it a secret from me? Ugh, this is so confusing.

That's when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in," I said while laying down on my bed.

"Hey Em," oh it's Dalton.

"Hey Dalton, so what's up?" I asked.

"I don't know you tell me," he said. "Emily you've been quiet lately, what's up?"

"It's nothing, really." I rolled over on my bed so that my back was to him.

"Are you keeping secrets now too? Man, Em! I know something is wrong, why won't you tell me?" Dalton asked angered. He sat down at my vanity and stared at himself throught the mirror, then I watched as he eyed me.

"It's because I'm scared."

"Scared of what?" Dalton asked turning around. I knew he was worried and he has a reason to be worried. I mean I would be too.

"I'm scared of the guy thats posing to be Alex's dad. She's brandon's sister. The family that she's living with now, is not her real family, Dalton. All the hints and clues were obvious in her story." I said sitting up. He placed his face in his hands then looked back up at me.

"Well, he could be a problem, couldn't he?" Dalton laughed. How could he find this funny? "Well, why don't we invite him and Luke and the rest of her so called family to the party?"

"Like, a setup?" I asked. I really liked this idea. and coming from Dalton, it was genius.

"Exactly. Want to start planning? We need to get authorities on this too." Dalton said grabbing a notebook and pencil from my desk.

"Detective work."

DANA'S POV

Joni was so persistent to know where I was taking her. Actually, I just took her home because Dalton messed up my plan and I had to cancel everything.

"My house?" She asked, as she looked over at me. I nodded and explained everything to her.

'I'll make it up to you, I promise." I told her as I kissed her forehead and walked her to her door.

As I stood beside her, while we waited for someone to open the door, I noticed her facial features. She had tiny freckles on her cheeks which were almost skin color and barely noticeable. I touched one and she smiled a bit. That's when I noticed she had a little dimple in her cheek. I was pushed away from my thoughts when I heard her father open the door.

"Dana." He said in his rough voice. I swear he hates me and is out to get me.

"Sir." I replied staring back at him the way he waas staring at me. I knew Joni was rolling her eyes because she hates when we do this. At least, I brought her back home on time this time. Last time she was an hour late and her dad threatened to run me over with my own car if I don't learn how to drive quicker. When he said that, Joni laughed so hard but I came back at him.

"You can leave now." He said to me. I looked over at Joni and gave her a hug. "Separate." Her dad said, still in the doorway.

'I'll talk to you later." I whispered in Joni's ear. She nodded and kissed my cheek before walking inside. I felt her evil dad's eyes on me, as I walked back to the car. I knew exactly what to do tonight to rouse up some troube for him.

JONI'S POV

I trudged into my bedroom, and turned my TV on just as the fosters came on. I picked up my phone and was scrolling through instagram when I got a message notification from an unknown number.

In the movies, the guy throws pebbles at the girls window as he played really loud music on his boombox or whatever. But, I didn't want to scratch your windows, or anything like that because your dad would finally have a reason to kill me.

After I read the message and it showed, the music outside did start. It was Dana's voice. I smiled to myself as I opened my window and stuck my head out.

Won't you stay with me

cause its all I need

His voice rang throught the speakers. He looked up at me and waved for me to come down. I saw his face turn to the side and saw my dad make his way across the yard towards Dana. Dana smiled athi, and started running. I saw him pull out his phone.

I grabbed my shoes and ran out the bcak door so my dad wouldn't see me. Time to sneak out and have an adventure.