Chapter 7: the headache

Wow. I don't look bad. Parties always are my excuse to dress up. I don't get every opportunity to go to one, but this one, I'm so excited for. It's at a frat house, which is one of the best kinds of parties. I know that I live in an apartment off campus, but it's still the biggest party opportunity ever. It's a 'start of summer break' party which means everyone is going to be there.

Including Will and I.

I turn in the mirror and look at my outfit. Then I apply some dark lipstick that will finish the whole look. Perfect.

Will is changing in the room next to me, and I slide my hands down the red leather jacket that I picked out. I almost don't look like myself. Almost like this completely different person. It isn't every day that I dress up like this.

I hear the door open and quickly turn around to meet the face of Will. His eyes widen at the sight of me, and I step forward, smoothing out my jacket.

"You look... Wow." He laughs under his breath and scratches the back of his neck.

"You look pretty wow yourself." I reply back smugly. And he does look Wow. He's wearing a shirt that defines his toned figure, hugging his arms and stretching across his broad shoulders. And he's wearing dark denim jeans to match the whole thing.

"You ready to go?"

I nod and he opens the door, motioning for me to leave through it. As I start to leave the apartment with Will trailing behind me, my head is pounding. It has been since I was halfway done getting ready. I brushed it off though. It must be another headache. Why did it have to happen now. But I'm definitely still going.

I circle around the car and throw Will the keys.
"Can you drive? I've kind of got a headache." I rub my forehead and his eyes fill with concern.

"Are you sure you shouldn't just stay here?" He steps closer from the other side of the car and I shake my head.

"No, I'll be fine. I took an ibuprofen before I got ready."

Will gives me a look.

"I promise. I'm fine." I give him a reassuring look.
He sighs and reluctantly steps into the car. My promises probably don't mean anything to him now, since he doesn't really know me that well. My head is starting to feel a little better, but I'm not planning on drinking a lot tonight. I'd rather not have a hangover on top of a headache.

"So, what do I have to look forward to at this party?" Will glances at me while he drives down the dark street.

"I'm not gonna lie to you. It could get kinda crazy, you know, since it's summer break now. So I'd pace yourself on the alcohol and try to stay on everybody's good side."

"Thanks for the tip." He gulps.

I have no doubt Will can take on anyone that tried to challenge him. He's clearly built for a fight, even if he doesn't know it. Looks like jail time did him good. The best part is, he knows where not to punch that won't kill the opponent. Since he's a medic obviously.

"No problem." I wink sarcastically and he laughs, shaking his head. I notice he seems to do that a lot. Maybe it's a nervous instinct or something. 

After a few minutes, we finally make it to the frat house. Some of the trees are teepeed with toilet paper hanging from the swinging branches, and there are red solo cups scattered across the lawn. A few people are outside, loitering around; smoking a joint, drinking, making out, all of the above? I personally have no desire to do all of the above, but I don't want to get socked if I tell someone else otherwise.

Will pulls up to the curb and puts the gear in park, the car jolting to a stop. He sighs and turns towards me.

"You sure about this?" He still keeps his hand on the wheel and his eyebrows furrowed. Well, he clearly hasn't gotten out much in the past years. I'll make sure he'll have a good time tonight.

I touch my heart, feigning hurt, "Will O'Brian, do I sense fear in your tone? We are doing this whether you like it or not! I did not come all this way just for you to chicken out."

I try not to laugh as he rolls his eyes. Some hair falls into his eyes and I lightly brush it away, my hand lingering on his forehead. My fingers lightly brush over a small scar. It makes me wonder where it came from, what it came from. But I don't ask.
After only a moment, he scoffs and takes my wrist in his hand, swatting it away.

"I thought we came here for a party, not to flirt with each other Miss Winston." He gives a smug smirk. Wow, really smooth, O'Brian."

I can feel the blush go to my cheeks but I quickly brush away the weird feeling in my stomach. I barely know him. We've only known each other for a few days. Nothing more. But it's hard to believe that we only met a few days ago. I can tell he's a good person. No matter what happened with him in the past.

I turn away from him, making sure the redness from my face is gone, and turn back with a determined look.

"Let's do this shit."

A/N: ugh I promise I will stop making my chapters so short

A/N: ugh I promise I will stop making my chapters so short. 😫

 😫