Chapter 21: the kiss

"Tell me about a good day." Will looked over at me with his fingers tapping on the wheel and gave me a warm smile. I gave him a glance before staring out the window and admiring the beautiful Montana sky.

"My parents. After I was born, they made sure I had the best life straight from birth. When I was about a month old, they took me to this cliff that looked out over a whole horizon. When I got older, I always tried to find it. But I never did." I spoke soft, choosing my words carefully.

Will took my hand and pressed it to his lips. "You will. I'll make sure of it."

I looked over at him with tears starting to burn the back of my eyes. "How in the world did God bless me with you?"

This seemed like such a broad question, but it really was how I felt. I don't know how Will even made his way into my life like he was right now. He was like an angel that had finally decided to bless my life.

But I was afraid of him flying away.

3 hours later

3 hours later..

"Do you need anything? Something to eat? A blanket?" Will fluffed my pillow and I slapped Him playfully on the shoulder. He had become such a mom since we had gotten home. As soon as we walked through the door, he picked me up in his arms and brought me to my bed.

"You've had enough for today." He covered me with my bedspread and I pulled him down and over me, tackling him. I chucked a pillow at him but he caught it at last minute and threw it back twice as hard.

"Will I'm fine. I don't need a babysitter." I laughed as he lay on his back out of breath. I brushed the hair out of my eyes that had gotten in my face from him throwing the pillow.

He scoffed and gave me a mischievous look before suddenly crawling on top of me and kissing my neck. I closed my eyes and grabbed the nape of his neck, pulling him closer. Will grabbed my leg and bent it up so he could sit in between them. I pulled away from him out of breath.

"Still don't want me to babysit you?" He smirked, and I shoved him. Way to ruin the moment.

"You just wait. Once this leg heals up I'll be running for the hills."

"Oh will you?" He raised an eyebrow and I scoffed, looking away from him. But instead, he gently held my chin, pulling me back to look at him. He had a different look in his eyes that made me feel vulnerable. It was almost.. seductive.

Will's fingers trailed down my cheek to my lips, outlining the shape of my mouth. He bent down, his lips against my cheek, brushing it lightly. Shivers ran through my whole body, making me tremble. He brushed his mouth against the hollow of my temple then traced the line of my jawbone.

The aching anticipation for his kiss was suddenly too much and I reached up and pulled his mouth to mine. He kissed me gently, carefully, but it wasn't gentleness I wanted, not when all I wanted was Will. I knotted my fists in his shirt, and pulled him closer. He groaned softly, low in his throat, and then his arms circled my waist, gathering me against him as the the covers ruffled underneath us.

All that existed was Will. I could feel his warmth burning through his clothes and mine. Damnit I wanted my brace off now. It was crushing against the bed, and I inched my leg to keep the ache from coming. I ran my fingers along his arm—soft skin over muscle, a scar like a thin wire on his biceps. It was an imperfection that made him seem even more perfect. He fumbled as he pushed my  heavy hair aside to kiss my ear. I didn't think I'd ever seen his hands unsteady before.

I trailed my nose across his jaw, inhaling the clean smell of him. He released a pent-up breath, the sound like music. My pulse tapped a fast beat and my breath quickened with it. I stroked his cheek and kissed every inch of his neck. We seemed to share each breath, each heartbeat. It felt as if the universe disappeared and all that remained was the two of us, holding each other close.

"Will.." I breathed heavily, and low, pushing him gently away by the chest. "I've never-"

"It's okay." He cut me off and brushed a tendril of hair from my face, "I wasn't planning to."

I was surprised I had even told him that. And The realization had finally hit me. Nicole lost her innocence to Daniel. No He had stolen it. And he almost stole mine.

I braced my hand against his arm, all while staring off into space, my thoughts overcoming me. A worried expression crossed Wills face, and he looked me up and down to try to find the problem.

"Oh god." I tangled my hands in my hair and rocked back and forth slightly.

"Daniel. He-he almost." I choked over my own words, terrified to even utter them. Will took me into his arms and rested his chin on the top of my head.

"But he didn't." He kissed my forehead.

I whimpered and let all my emotions out

I whimpered and let all my emotions out. All the emotions that I had been keeping in the last few weeks. Will laid on his back with me in his arms and let me rest on his chest. I could feel his heart beat nice and steady, and I placed my hand on his stomach.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" I whispered, a tear trickling down my face ever so slightly.

He wiped it away and kept his hand on my face.

"Always."

This chapter is a filler just before the next conflict happens

This chapter is a filler just before the next conflict happens. And I also wanted to give you guys a cute/sweet scene. Y'all deserve one after all. ❤️