Chapter 22: the dream

Ight here's chapter 22 as promised! And guys.. AAAAHH! WERE ALMOST TO 1000 READS. I can't even express how that feels right now. Enjoy this chapter!

 Enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 22: the dream

I shifted under the covers. Ever since we got back, I haven't been able to sleep. So many thoughts were racing around my brain, making rest almost impossible.

I reached my hand out and tried to pull Olivia closer to me, but I felt nothing but air. I moved my hand around a little more, just to second guess myself. Still nothing. No Liv. I sat up fast in my bed throwing on my shirt that I had instinctively taken off during the night.

I made my way to the door and into the hallway, a cold shiver taking over me. Damn why was it so cold? It's like winter had made its way in the apartment in just hours. I wrapped my arms around my self to create some warmth, but it was no use.

Nothing seemed clear. A blur was taking over my vision, most likely from my previous sleeping. I swayed back and forth in a swift motion as I walked. Maybe I was about to faint. Or maybe I was delirious. Either way, I had no idea what the hell was going on.

I made my way out into the living room, but suddenly stopped at the sight of a tall lanky figure. His hands were clasped behind his back, his feet planted in a firm position, as he looked out the window. I started to say 'who are you' but my mouth wouldn't form the words. They were stuck in the back of my throat. Still, he turned as if he had actually heard me. Like he read my mind.

His eyes bore into mine as a look of recognition crossed my face.

Daniel.

No. It couldn't be. He was supposed to be in jail. It was done. Over with. I had failed to notice that he was in an orange jump suit, and handcuffs had somehow appeared on his hands. Daniel shrugged his shoulders.

"Looks like you got me." A sad expression crossed his face, but was soon replaced with a devilish grin. It was wide, and full with malice.

If Daniel was here, I wanted to make damn sure Liv wasn't anywhere near him. But I still didn't know where she was. Hopefully far from here.

"But look what I've got." He stepped to the side and my heart dropped in my chest. My breath hitched as I stared at the sight in front of me. Liv lay against the wall, with only undergarments on. Mascara was smeared under her eyes, tears mixing with them. I glanced at Daniel and his jumpsuit and handcuffs were suddenly gone, and I returned my gaze to Liv. The hand cuffs had moved to her hands, clasped in front of her.

"Will.." she whispered and I moved to pick her up, cover her, anything. But an invisible wall blocked my way. Daniel moved in front of her so she was blocked from my vision, and I heard her blood curdling scream. I tried yelling for her but no sound came out. I pounded on the wall over and over and over again.

I jolted up in bed, my chest heaving. The darkness was overtaking me and I quickly flicked on the lamp on the bedside table next to me. Thank God. It was only a damn nightmare. I ran a hand through my hair and shuddered, images from my head slowly taking over me.

There was a cold sweat breaking out over my body, and I took in a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"What's going on?" Liv opened her eyes slowly, her words coming out in a low groan.

I sighed, "I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" I scooted closer to her and moved the stray hairs from her face. I was relieved to finally know that she was okay.

She shook her head.

"Is something wrong?" She placed a hand on the back of my neck.

"No." I looked down at her and smiled, "go back to sleep."

Liv reached up and rubbed her eyes, snuggling up to me. And within a few seconds, her breathing had become slow and steady. Damn she was out. I wasn't surprised though. This is probably the first good night of sleep she's had in a while. So I left well enough alone.

I didn't want to mention to her that I'd have to leave for work in the morning. She'd obviously be disappointed. No one wants to sit on their ass all day and do nothing. Hell I wouldn't. And I know I promised her I would help as much as I could, but with her injured like this, I'd have to work as much as I could.

Before I knew it, the clock read 7:00 a.m. damnit I barely blinked and it was already that time. I slowly and quietly uncovered myself from the sheets, careful not to wake Liv. She shifted a little as I walked around the room, gathering everything that I would need. Most of my stuff was given to me from the hospital like my work clothes, some of my medical equipment, paper work.

All that aside, I was ready to leave. But I didn't want to leave Liv like this. As I stepped through the door, I took one last look at bed. Damn. Even in her sleep she was beautiful. I'd make sure to tell her that when I got back. And I didn't care how many times I would.

After having that dream, I realized that I wanted to make sure she knew how much she meant to me. How much she's changed me in the past couple months. Realizing that I could lose her was one of the scariest thoughts that had ever entered my mind in a long time.

But I'd make sure that wouldn't ever have to happen again.

Sorry this was such a short  chapter

Sorry this was such a short  chapter. Stay tuned!